Do you wash your hair after every workout?

Options
aoibhs22
aoibhs22 Posts: 55 Member
I'm dripping in sweat after every work out. We all know that it's not good for your hair to get washed every day, how do you sweaty gals and guys handle this problem? Dry shampoo? Which one works best for you? and i have to condition my hair to because its very curly and gets very tatty when its not conditioned.

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Every other day, I scrub my hair with conditioner, just like you would shampoo and rinse it out. Works for me!
  • pitchf0rk
    pitchf0rk Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Ok now it really gets creepy. This morning I asked myself the exact same thing and I wanted to post it tonight.
    I also have very curly hair and it's also pretty long. I used to wash it 2 times per week, so it won't dry out. Also it takes usually 2 hours until my hair is washed, styled and dry again.
  • StraubreyR
    StraubreyR Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Another person with long, curly hair! I do the conditioner wash daily, and shampoo a couple times per week.
  • framingsammie
    framingsammie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I don't wash my hair after every work out. I just judge by how greasy/ horrible it feels then I wash it. Usually it's every 3 days but sometimes more often depending on the intensity of the workout aha. I use dry shampoo too and find batiste dry shampoo works well for me.
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Lol no! I already suffer from hair loss, that would be insane. If I'm staying at home the next days, I just wash myself and dry my hair with a towel. I have a bath when I plan to have it. If I'm going out the next day I obviously wash my hair too, so if I have to go out 2 days in a row I usually don't workout everyday. I make up for it by walking or getting more active when I'm out.
  • Noamsh
    Noamsh Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm super gross and I wash my hair only when I absolutely have to. My hair is just horrible and I have to straighten it, which I don't like doing often because it's really bad for the hair.
    When I work out I just put it as up as possible, and if it's a bit wet after taking a shower (either from the shower or the sweat) I just use some serum and blow dry it.
    Yep, disgusting. I know.
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I have long curly hair too and I wash every 2 - 3 days regardless of workout sweat!
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Baby power dusted onto the more greasy areas helps on those inbetween wash days. Plus it makes your hair smell nice!
  • kristy6ward
    kristy6ward Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I usually work out before my shower, I wash my hair once a day. It's a rare weekend when I skip a washing. If I don't, my scalp feels tingly and I feel disgusting.
  • LittleMeeR
    Options
    Hey
    My hair is wavy/curly depending on the weather.
    After I workout I sweat a lot.
    I do not wash my hair right after the workout. It dries after an hour. If it gets frizzy I add some serum mixed with leave in conditioner.
    I try to keep it unwashed for 1-2 days max before next wash or wash it if I have to go out. On working days I wash every morning to keep curls fresh.
    Washing everyday is not great for our hair. Will dry it out.
    :D
    LM
  • Chillyfrog
    Chillyfrog Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have really long naturally curly hair too, but it's oily so washing is a must for me. I use an organic shampoo (Aubrey Organics) so it doesn't have any chemicals and then condition it well.
  • WhisperAnne
    Options
    I always have to shower after an intense workout and if I'm super stinky. I cant just shower and skip my hair. I usually wash my hair every other day. I have oily hair though and sometimes after one day it's greasy! ugh.
  • aoibhs22
    aoibhs22 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    its so hard to judge. I mean my hair is dripping of sweat when im working out. and im working everyday so i don't want to go into work with dirty hair.
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I usually wash my hair every other day, but I know how you feel after a gym session.
    If it's been a relatively 'easy' workout and I feel I can get away with waiting until the next morning to wash it, I'll blow dry it straight after my workout (before hitting the shower) then spray it with dry shampoo to freshen it up a bit and tie it back for the rest of the day. For example, I washed my hair after my workout yesterday and let it dry naturally (my hair's quite wavy-curly, but I usually straighten it). I'm just back from the gym after a 45 minute cardio session so just going to blow dry it and dry shampoo spray it and wash it tomorrow morning.

It is a bother having to work out my hair washing schedule though :grumble:
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    yes i do
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I have short hair so it is easier for me to get away with a daily wash...however...if I work out in the afternoon, after school etc, I wash up after a workout but no hair washing as I will wash it in the morning before work. I do have dry shampoo if I have other things going that day but I only use it if I think my sweaty head will be stinky.
  • HeatherLeahxx
    HeatherLeahxx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My hair is so troublesome and it is wavy and gets greasy daily. On the weekdays, I go to the gym before work usually. On the Sunday I will wash my hair fully and condition it. On the Monday, I then would go for a fringe wash and Batiste after a gym work out.....On the Tuesday, I then wash my hair fully and on Wednesday, I do fringe wash etc. The cycle goes on! I also find that my hair gets a lot greasier when it is in a bun in the gym, so I try put it in a low pony tail....It's not a perfect routine but it works for me :blushing:
  • jodi41086
    Options
    I only shampoo my hair every other day at the most. I just add conditioner and rinse good, It strips your hair of nutrients when you shampoo every day could make your hair brittle and frizzy
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I think I'm in the minority here:laugh: I wash my hair everyday IF I workout. If I"m not working out, AND I'm staying home, I'll just wet it so I dont have rock-star-morning-bed-head all day. BUt shampoo?? Yep, because I literally drip sweat, and it just feels gross.

My hair is short, straight and basically normal...not too dry or oily.