Anyone doing Insanity at the moment?

Options
Yesterday I started month 2 of Insanity. I just wondered if anyone else was doing it at the moment, would love to discuss with someone.

Replies

• ssbmacdaddy
    ssbmacdaddy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Just finishing core cardio and balance week. About to start month 2 - excited for the prospect
  • safetyqueen25
    safetyqueen25 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    How did you find the recovery week? I found it easy on day 1 and a bit boring if I'm honest - think I was used to weorking out so much harder. But I felt it got harder as the week went on - and I was burning more calories towards the end of the week.

Day 1 of month two is so long, I did think it was a bit unnecessary to do the fit test and an hour long workout - I wasn't able to give thr workout as much after doing my best in the fit test.
  • Monty_P
    Monty_P Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Meee although I'm only on week 2.
  • martz29
    martz29 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am. Only just finishing week 1 though. I completed it last summer though, this is my second round.
  • toffee2013
    toffee2013 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I'm starting another round tomorrow as my workouts have gotten lazy and unorganized . Feel free to add me x
  • safetyqueen25
    Options
    Thanks guys - what are your throught on month 2 - those who've done it before?

I didn't feel like I was in the zone all last night - after doing the fit test - I just couldnt give the actual workout my all at all so I think tonight will give me a better indication.
    I also think recovery week has taken some of the wind out of my sails - need to get back to that mentality of going hell for leather.
    Althought I got the feeling I need to think about month 2 differently - the warm up seemed slightly easier but I guess that is because the workout is longer - some of the moves felt more about strength than speed. Although I couldn't do the side suicides at all!
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Im 7.5 weeks in! Im still going strong and have an amazing group of INSANE friends. Add me if.yoyd like!!
  • joehempel
    Options
    As far as month two....change your thinking to "you just need to get through it." Hoping that will change next week. Im seeing an improvment though over last weeks. Its tough as nails and Shaun T will own your *kitten* this month
  • safetyqueen25
    Options
    Im 7.5 weeks in! Im still going strong and have an amazing group of INSANE friends. Add me if.yoyd like!!

Thank you Joe I will do that. I see your point, I am just doing my best at all the moves at the moment, there were a few in the ploy I just simply couldn't do but hopefully now I've done them once I will be better next time, I peeked ahead and tomorrow night looks fun, bit more like month 1 pure cardio : )
  • rae_vii
    Options
    I'm completed day 2 today. I'm so excited to start seeing results. I have a hurt wrist... So kinda sad that I can't do it to my full potential. I want to work the upper arms!
  • dabucks
    dabucks Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm in the recovery week (5) - lots of good insanity people on this site! Anyone doing insanity can add me.
  • safetyqueen25
    Options
    I'm completed day 2 today. I'm so excited to start seeing results. I have a hurt wrist... So kinda sad that I can't do it to my full potential. I want to work the upper arms!

Great news rae_vii , hopefully your wrist will get better for the second month becuase upper arms come into play, my treiceps ache so much today after max plyo.
  • Jamie23Durkin
    Options
    I have just finished day 11 today. Every time I have previously tried to do Insanity i got so far through it and then got injured while playing football (Sunday League). Everyone feel free to add me. No need for a message with friend requests as ANYONE crazy enough to do Insanity will be added
  • viki93saunders
    viki93saunders Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm on my recovery week, I start Month 2 on Monday.

This is my third time trying to do this. I did it last year to get ready for spring break but I stopped after week 3. And then i tried to continue it during the summer but stopped because I got bored.

This time, I actually made it to the recovery week and can't wait to keep going with it.

I'm 5'2 and weigh 115-118 pounds.
  • joehempel
    Options
    You'll be over half way there!!! Don't give up now!!
  • michelle_belle07
    Options
    I'm on week 1, but I've completed a round of Insanity in the past before. I'm addicted!
  • onehotma602
    onehotma602 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This is my 2nd round of insanity. The 1st time loss no weight in the 1st month( was not eating clean) 2nd month change my eating and loss 15lbs :)
    The sad part I did not continue to workout and just started being LAZY and gain most of my weight back..
    So I'm back again round 2.. I'm on the 1st month, 2nd week and lost 3.2lbs so far.. Woot! Woot! I'm following the elite nutrition and feeling amazing. Can not wait to see my end results...
    Good luck to all the ppl doing Insanity :):)
  • lttappenn
    lttappenn Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I start my recovery week tonight. Looking forward to a little bit of recovery, my legs have felt wasted for the past few weeks. You can add me as a friend. I am a little scared of what is to come next week, but after month one, I know that I am capable of way more than I realized. We can do this!
  • jimmason20
    jimmason20 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm in my second go round with it now. Great workout but you have to rest. Legs will get tired. I'm down 20 lbs with some good muscle buld. Let me know if i can help with anything.
  • ssbmacdaddy
    ssbmacdaddy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm finding this second month to be harder but I appreciate the change and welcome the challenge. I was starting to get bored with first month by the end. I do not feel as strong through these new workouts yet as in the first month expect I expect to improve as I continue. Any one who is doing insanity for the second time. What do you do once your done? Start all over ? I guess that's what I'm planning to do.