So Insanely MAD!!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Centerstagekris
    Options
    I always measure and weight my food....I NEVER eat all my exercise calories back. I don't drink. I do not drink juices or soft drinks. Why do you think I'm so frustrated?

Just a couple thoughts came to mind.

1. how are you measuring your calorie burn? are you using an HRM? I've found the zumba (high impact aerobic) calculations here can be off +/- at least 200 cals for me in one session. I really rely on my HRM to give me an accurate calorie burn count.

2. Maybe you *need* to eat ALL your exercise calories. I was at a standstill after gaining 2 pounds (grrr). I was NOT cheating. I was exercising. drinking water etc. It wasn't until I started eating ALL my calories that the scale started going down again.

I don't have an HRM, but I did ask for one for Christmas! :o) I go off of just general dancing for the calories, which I think are on the lower end as to what it would be for Zumba. Lately i've been eating almost all of my calories becuase everyone seems to think I should give that a try.
  • shannonichole
    Options
    I didn't see any change for a while, but it turned out that I was gaining muscle mass and staying hydrated. Just keep trying to push through and things will start to, roll in your favor again!! Try to think of it as even if you are not losing the numbers on the scale, you are still maintaining a healthy lifestyle. :flowerforyou:
  • MusicalMe
    MusicalMe Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    One thing that I would definitely recommend is to get a BodyBugg or BodyMediaFit. They tell the exact number of calories that you are burning throughout the day so you know exactly what deficit you need. They are 92% accurate. I know, for me, I actually wasn't eating enough calories. Once I got my BodyBugg and upped my calories, I started losing again.

Unfortunately, contrary to what another person said, weight loss isn't always an exact calories in vs. calories out equation. Sometimes your body needs a break. Your body doesn't know what day of the week you're weighing in, it doesn't know that you have a goal you've set. All it knows is that things are suddenly changed and it might take a while for it to get in sync. Even if you've already lost a substantial amount of weight, this can happen.

If you can, get a BodyBugg and see if that does anything.
  • jrlenig
    jrlenig Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I am not suggesting a break from your workouts but I increased my calorie intake by 300 b/c now that I weigh less I am more active so I was burning more calories and my metabolism went into starvation mode, give it a week I swear that was all it took for me! I did it for 3 weeks and lost more weight than I had in 2 months, and I decreased the other week and the scale barley budged and I had increased my workouts, so Monday morning back to 1500 calories for me!
  • Loseittoo
    Loseittoo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    One thing that I would definitely recommend is to get a BodyBugg or BodyMediaFit. They tell the exact number of calories that you are burning throughout the day so you know exactly what deficit you need. They are 92% accurate. I know, for me, I actually wasn't eating enough calories. Once I got my BodyBugg and upped my calories, I started losing again.

Unfortunately, contrary to what another person said, weight loss isn't always an exact calories in vs. calories out equation. Sometimes your body needs a break. Your body doesn't know what day of the week you're weighing in, it doesn't know that you have a goal you've set. All it knows is that things are suddenly changed and it might take a while for it to get in sync. Even if you've already lost a substantial amount of weight, this can happen.

If you can, get a BodyBugg and see if that does anything.

Nope there is always a reason. It could be medical. It could be measuring. I have seen some people take weekends off and still think they will lose.

The fact is your body will burn fat and lean tissue if you are in a deficit. This is science fact. So something is not right.

People get frustrated and quit cause they think they are different. We don't know anythig. No diary to look at etc. The only thing we know is she ain't losing.

There's plenty of websites and literature to explain this. There is always a reason they are not seeing weight loss.
  • Loseittoo
    Loseittoo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/weight-loss-plateau/MY01152/NSECTIONGROUP=2
    continued:
    Getting past a weight-loss plateau

How can you overcome a weight-loss plateau?
    If you're at a plateau, you may have lost all of the weight you will given the number of calories you're eating each day and the time you spend exercising. At this point, you need to ask yourself if you're satisfied with your current weight or if you want to lose more, in which case you'll need to adjust your weight-loss program. If you're committed to losing more weight, try these tips for getting past the plateau:

Reassess your habits. Look back at your food and activity records. Make sure you haven't loosened the rules, letting yourself get by with larger portions or less exercise.
    Cut more calories. Reduce your daily calorie intake by 200 calories — provided this doesn't put you below 1,200 calories. Fewer than 1,200 calories a day may not be enough to keep you from feeling hungry all of the time, which increases your risk of overeating.
    Rev up your workout. Increase the amount of time you exercise by an additional 15 to 30 minutes. You might also try increasing the intensity of your exercise, if you feel that's possible. Additional exercise will cause you to burn more calories.
    Pack more activity into your day. Think outside the gym. Increase your general physical activity throughout the day by walking more and using your car less, or try doing more yardwork or vigorous spring cleaning.
    Don't let a weight-loss plateau lead to an avalanche
    If your efforts to get past a weight-loss plateau aren't working, talk with your doctor or a dietitian about other tactics you can try. You may also want to revisit your weight-loss goal. Maybe the weight you're striving for is unrealistic for you. If you've improved your diet and increased your exercise, you've already improved your health even without further weight loss. For those who are overweight or obese, even modest weight loss improves chronic health conditions related to being overweight.