i ran....ok so i very slowly jogged

Options
for the first time ever yesterday as i was walking on my treadmill i thought to myself i would love to be able to run on this thing like i see all the biggest loser contestants doing! so i did! i turned it up just a little to where it was to fast for me to walk and i ran. only for 30 seconds at a time but i did that 4 times! it may not be a huge goal for some of you but i am very proud of myself!! so toot toot go me!

Replies

• acoons1990
    Options
    Great job!! Way to push yourself! :)
  • VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    That is sooooo awesome!
    I recently started doing the same!
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    A bunch of little things make up a big thing. Good for you! You just gotta keep pushing and that's when you see the best results. Great job!
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    That's a huge deal! Way to go! If you keep that up, at some point you will be able to run a whole mile! You can't even imagine the places that can lead you to but you will never find out if you don't keep at it! Again, great job!
  • Skylark74
    Skylark74 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    :drinker:

Brilliant news. I tried that once and nearly ended up on my behind....however I too have the urge to go faster so I may just follow your example :) Cheers for the encouragement and go you!!:flowerforyou:
  • Thinn2Winn
    Thinn2Winn Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good job! You have to start somewhere and that's a great start, especially doing it in intervals.
    This is one of my fav quotes and I feel you may enjoy it as well
    "I run. Slower then a herd of turtles thru peanut butter, BUT I run! "
  • TAMayorga
    TAMayorga Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Way to go! It sounds like you have the mindset that turned me into a runner: after so much time walking, I got to thinking "this would go a LOT faster if I just ran". Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Great job! That's exactly the right way to start!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Excellent! It's amazing what we are capable of when we let go of our fears. Keep at it... what you are doing is the best way to build endurance.
  • Barbonica
    Barbonica Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    HURRAH YOU!!!!! Standing Ovation! Olympic cheers! This is how everyone starts Keep it up and before you know it, you will be running in your first 5K race. :drinker:
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Yay! You go!
  • lyzmorrison
    lyzmorrison Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    That's great! That's the way to start any challenge...just by doing it! Yesterday it was 30 seconds. Next week it will be 45 seconds. Then a minute....and before you know it you will have signed up for a 5K!

The best thing about exercise is YOU GET TO SET YOUR OWN BAR!

That's fantastic and I'm really stoked for you!
  • No, it's not a big deal to me ... IT'S FLIPPING HUGE!!!! So pleased for you as I just started doing a little very slow jogging myself and know just how amazing it makes you feel. :bigsmile:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    That's precisely how it starts. Good job.
  • mheebner
    mheebner Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Excellent. I would suggest maybe downloading a C25K app for your smartphone. I went from never running ever to now running 5k's and 10k's. A true endorphin junkie lol.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    you should feel proud. i want to be able to do that too. and so far, i havent been able to. i do have a torn atfl (ankle) (needs surgery) (don't want to) which i think i may use as an excuse and the biggest breasts that i would love to have smaller. but soon i will try and do the damn thing. great job!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    A journey of 1000 miles starts with a singe step

Lao-tzu (even though I suspect they weren't using miles as a measure of distance in China in 500BC)
  • kellyj5201
    kellyj5201 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone!
  • Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'll second the couch to 5k app! I recently finished the program but I'm not up to a full 5k yet. BUT I can run 3 miles in 32 minutes. 32 minutes of straight running! If you would have asked me a year ago if I could have done it I would have laughed in your face.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Way to go! If you feel like you could easily continue, look into the Couch to 5K program. It has you start out exactly the way you did... 30 seconds of running and a few minutes of walking alternating for a half hour. Every week you run for a little longer until you're running 3.1 miles. Or you can Google Jeff Galloway and his method of running and walking in intervals. It's the way I "run" and I've completed a couple dozen races that way including 8 half marathons.