Shakeology vs. Herbalife

Options
Does anyone have a recommendation about which is better? I think herbalife is cheaper but I don't know much about their nutrition. Input from non reps would be great!

Replies

• Keekaj520
    Options
    I know some people who use shakeology and they say it has worked for them. However, for me I would rather eat the fruits and veggies instead of drinking a green shake.. That's just me though.

I have heard of herbalife but don't know anyone who has used it. Hope that helps!!

Jess
  • Nattiejean57
    Nattiejean57 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    It is defiantly something I don't want to do forever, I just need a jump start
  • Denise_Riot
    Options
    hey well i drink the herbalife protein shakes every now and then when i go hard on my workouts and i've done very well no weight gain and my body is toning up have a long ways too go but the shakes are very good :)
  • jmt315
    jmt315 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you finish your research and do decide to try the Shakeology Beachbody has a "30 day bottom of the bag" guarantee. If you don't like shakeology or it doesn't create the results that it says it will you can send back the empty bag and get your refund. Just an idea to help with your jump start without the risk.
  • rokikio
    Options
    I use Herbal Life on occasion. I use the Herbal Life Nutrition Shakes when I need a quick snack or breakfast on the go. I've had their protein bar as well and it is tasty. I have used their multivitamin. And I have used the Aloe Vera cleanse system.

It is good but my weightloss is not a result of using this. You don't need the pills they try to sell to you to lose weight. Good luck with your choices!
  • Stephomie
    Stephomie Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Shakeology has more nutritional value & very well balanced. I like to have one for breakfast, quick & super healthy, great way to start your day. Order it with Beachbody's home direct plan (monthly shipments & you don't pay for shipping) & you get the Shakeology workouts with it.
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    My recommendation would be to take a look, side by side, at their ingredients. Shakeology has over 70 ingredients and is very nutrient dense. It is proven to reduce cholesterol and to have many other health benefits well beyond aiding in weight loss. I'm not familiar with Herbalife, but I took a quick look at the ingredients and it is not as extensive as Shakeology. You can find the ingredient lists for both on line.
    Shakeology is $4 a serving (with no discounts) and is extremely nutrient dense. Everyone should still eat fruits and vegetables. It's not about reducing or "not having to eat" whole fruits and vegetables. The fact is, there are ingredients in Shakeology (perhaps Herbalife too, I just don't know) that our bodies benefit greatly from that cannot be consumed on a daily basis by simply eating fruits and veggies.
    Hope that helps.:drinker:
  • Stephanieb325
    Stephanieb325 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Ok so funny that someone has finally mentioned this! I am a beachbody coach and when I found out about shakeology I was excited. Well I recently discovered herbalife. A friend wanted to do a weight loss challenge they were hosting so I decided to do it with her. To me the differences are this(and I am not even going to talk about nutrition just tastes) Shakeology has a smoother texture and richer feel to it. The herbal life comes in different flavors but tastes chalky and loses its consistency really fast. The Herbal life is cheaper if you just buy the shake but they kind of force upon the other stuff in order for you to lose weight. With the shakeology I just need the shake mix. I guess it just depends on what you prefer. I prefer the Shakeology but I really wish that it would come in the flavors that herbal life comes in or I wish herbal life had the texture and smoothness as shakeology. Oh and one more thing Shakeology seems to keep me full way longer than herbal life. I am hungry within two hours after an herbal life shake but after shakeology shake I am full for at least 5 hours. I do both, I just alternate!
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I'm not a rep. The flavour of Shakeology is not my favorite. It takes a lot of tinkering to be able to bear the taste, and even then, it's not fabulous. It's also expensive as heck and a royal pain to ship to Canada (in my experience). You can't deny the health benefits though.

I've also had herbalife and I loved the flavour! It was great and it's something I can see myself drinking everyday. I can't remember how the price compares but I think it IS cheaper...and easier for me to obtain.

My personal choice, I would go for Herbalife.
  • Stephanieb325
    Stephanieb325 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should try them both. Ask for both as an xmas present! Coudn't hurt. I asked my hubby to buy me more chocolate shakeology for xmas :) oh and more herbalife.
  • Denise_Riot
    Options
    herbalife is good not chalky at all and i'm very picky when it comes too protein drinks...i would go with herbalife very affordable
  • Mrbackslap
    Options
    Neither dont waste your hard earned money.
    Eat properly and workout.
  • FitNewYou
    Options
    You cannot possibly afford nor do you have the time to prepare the nutrients that's available to you in a glass of Shakeology. I am bias on the subject since I make a great living off of shakeology but do yourself a favor and read the labels and make up your own mind. Better yet try it for 30 days and see for yourself. The first week will be rough if you have been eating poorly. Shakeology has, that I believe Herbalife doesn't, are Phyto-Nutrients, Fiber, Pre-Biotics and Digestive Enzymes.
    Don't set yourself up for failure by not getting the proper nutrients in your body. It is almost impossible to do today with modern farming standards and the lack of nutrients in todays vegetables and fruits in the common market. Either drink is better than nothing.
  • Xtina_Beba
    Options
    Does anyone have a recommendation about which is better? I think herbalife is cheaper but I don't know much about their nutrition. Input from non reps would be great!

I've never tried shakology & it's a bit pricey for my budget. I have tried herbalife and it didn't do much for me. The only meal replacement that I take and love is the GNC Go Lean shake. I use it once in a while and it works. My husband lost 10 pounds in a 1 1/2 week by taking two go lean replacement shakes and a protein packed dinner.
    So maybe you can give that a try plus it's budget friendly :)
  • FitNewYou
    Options
    Don't forget neither of these in comparison are just a protein drink.
  • MariaIrene14
    Options
    I recently started Herbalife a week and a half ago. and when i checked my weight after one week I lost 6 pounds! It seriously takes like a milkshake to me. It's not to pricey and tasteful and effective. My mom did herbal life last year for a while and in 2 weeks lost 20 pounds without even working out. I say give it a shot. Not everyone is going to have the same opinions on taste, but the fact that I can eat whatever I feel like eating for lunch is amazing! It's not like I have a shake eat a salad then have a shake, when I say eat anything I mean anything. yesterday I ate a grilled cheese with bacon and fries. One thing you'll notice is that your stomach will shrink and you will get fuller faster win you have your lunch. I definitely recommend this.
  • teamfit2day
    teamfit2day Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is a meal replacement shake designed to assist your body’s natural ability to absorb essential vitamins and nutrients and to eliminate toxins. It’s the healthiest meal of your day! Studies have shown that people who drink a Shakeology shake daily have lower cholesterol levels by an average of 30%, increased energy, improved digestion and regularity, reduced cardiovascular risks by an average of 24%, and lose weight.

Replacing one meal a day with a Shakeology shake in either Chocolate or Greenberry flavors will help curb your hunger and carbohydrate cravings – which promotes your body’s weight loss abilities.

What’s in Shakeology?

There are more than 20 antioxidants and phytonutrients in Shakeology, which will reduce free radical damages to your body that contribute to high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke and heart attacks.

Every 140 calorie Shakeology meal replacement shake contains more a blend of 70 nutritious ingredients and powerful SuperFoods found around the world, from digestive enzymes, essential vitamins, prebiotics, minerals, amino acids, and protein. Shakeology even includes a number of rare ingredients like camu-camu, adaptogens and sacha inchi that you just can’t get from an ordinary diet.

Herbalife – made with antioxidant vitamins C and E as part of over 20 vitamins, minerals and essential nutrients, Herbalife offers a healthy meal in a glass. Along with 9 grams of protein and fiber per serving, Herbalife contains Aminogen(r) and bromelain and papain, all known to support the digestion of protein to make sure your body puts those 9 grams of protein per serving to use! Herbalife offers a variety of different flavors so you can choose your favorites or keep a variety of meal replacement shakes on hand for a more interesting menu. Choose from vanilla, chocolate, berry, fruit, coffee and others.

Shakeology – features ingredients from all over the world and more than 70 whole food ingredients per serving. The vitamins and minerals in every serving are absorbed by your body at optimum levels due to the phytonutrients, prebiotics and digestive enzymes in every serving, too. Shakeology comes in two primary flavors of greenberry and chocolate.

HOPE THIS HELPS!
  • RobynC79
    RobynC79 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I would like to urge those of you who are making a profit from selling a product to disclaim that when you promote the benefits of that product.

Your ticker says you have 60 pounds to lose. In my opinion, for the average weight-loser any protein shake or meal-replacement shake is a waste of money and calories. You would be better served by simply eating a moderate calorie deficit and obtaining the necessary nutrients through food.

Just because something has a lot of ingredients doesn't mean it's worth more than something with fewer. A lot of the proprietary ingredients and formulations in these drinks (not just these two, it's general phenomenon) have not been shown to provide any nutritional or metabolic benefit. More of a necessary nutrient or vitamin is also not necessarily better - 400% of an RDI is just 300% going straight down the drain. You body is pretty darned good at getting what it needs to function from your food, so loading up on super-fortfied drinks containing a lot of stuff that is completely unproven to do anything beneficial is often a waste of time and money.

Look at the ingredients list before you purchase anything. In my experience most of these types of drinks contain large amounts of whey in different formulations. That's dried milk and you can get that a lot cheaper. And a lot of the other stuff is textursing agents (a thicker feel is more satisfying), preservative and other filler.
  • gordowens
    Options
    I personally have tried both however have stuck with the herbalife products. In the last year I am down 100lbs and feel better than I have in many many years.
  • mrs_millinski
    Options
    I think it is something you will have to try and see which one you like best. I personally like Herbalife only because of the ease of the shakes. I work a swing shift and to be honest there are days I just do not have time to pack a healthy lunch, or grocery shop for that matter. I do not take all the pills they push with it and I do doctor up my shakes. The only bad thing with herbalife is the way they push the sell, sell sell. In my opionion anyways. And you have to get it from a distributor. Good luck :)