Why do some girls/women...

Replies

• AllieBear88
    AllieBear88 Posts: 170 Member
    Two immediate thoughts:

1) how do you know they've shaved them off? Perhaps they've got really minimal amounts of hair there...

2) if it's quite apparent they've been "shaved" is it possible they've done so because their eyebrows are blonde and pencil looks ridiculous on skin underneath blonde eyebrows? (I know this from personal experience, being a redhead with blonde eyebrows and eyelashes)

Third thought while typing: maybe they like looking that way?

1) I've seen preeeety damn close up :)

2) idk, possibly. but ew.

3rd) ew. Question is why

Why? Because they do it for themselves. I'm not a fan of it either, but it's not my face. It's not for me, or for you, that women put on make up, or do anything. It's for them. Sometimes, a girl just wants to feel pretty. If that's how she does it, so be it. It's not for you, so don't concern yourself with it too much, if at all. ;)
  • uncharted01
    uncharted01 Posts: 105 Member
    It is, however, adorable when you draw them on a dog.

hqdefault.jpg

i know what i'm doing to my pup tonight! :laugh:
  • catneon
    catneon Posts: 911 Member
    Easier to read....

Not impressed
    a97677_g239_4.jpg

Still a little drunk
    funny-eyebrows-failed-10.jpg

Fishing to be impregnated
    THE-WORST-EYEBROW-FAILS-EVER1.jpg
  • I have lightish eyebrows but there is no way in hell I could ever do that to myself. Just my personal choice and the chicks (or guys) who do it must think they look good so kudos. Plus, if I were to draw them on myself would be some scary ****. I am not artistic at all and I mean how do you get them to look similar? When they don't look similar how do you go out in public? It would take me all day, no joke. Takes some damn talent I tell ya.
  • On rare occasions, it can actually look really nice :D
    http://www.beautyhows.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Perfect-Drawn-on-Eyebrows.jpg

(I don't know why but I can't get it to paste) :P
  • raileneperkins
    raileneperkins Posts: 37 Member
    I see it quite a lot where I live and it appears in some ways to be a cultural or sub-culture thing. Then there are the cases of people that just really love makeup and any excuse to try out new looks! I rarely think it works but that is just my perspective. When you see a group of 5 or so teenager girls together and they all have the same vein of hairstyles, complete with drawn on eyebrows, it takes on more of an artistic bent. To me at least...it fascinates me because I have very thin eyebrows but no chutzpah to draw them on.
  • LCFulmer
    LCFulmer Posts: 183 Member
    I don't know... Some women has medical issues thay cause them to loose their hair even on the brow. Smart ones get them tatted on, if done right it looks good.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Alopecia

Chemo

Idk, those are a couple I can think of.
  • raisealittlehell
    raisealittlehell Posts: 341 Member
    I personally have very light eyebrows- in that I don't have a lot of hair, but I would never think to draw them on.

I have seen them drawn on where they look decent, and I have seen some scary ones. To each there own, I am just not a huge fan.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Um, can also sometimes have to do with gang affiliation... not even remotely about trying to feel pretty.
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Most of the time, it's cultural.
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Um, can also sometimes have to do with gang affiliation... not even remotely about trying to feel pretty.

They draw their eyebrows on according to gang affiliation? Which gang has which shape? Lol!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    the same reason women do anything when it comes to our appearance : because we/they want to & find it attractive
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    It changes so frequently you would pretty much have to be a member to keep up. Just one of those fun and interesting facts you learn while teaching in LAUSD. Something you learn to keep an "eye" out for so to speak.
  • karenmcwilly53
    karenmcwilly53 Posts: 41 Member

hqdefault.jpg

I love this!
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    I do it because I like the way it looks =).
    287do5j.jpg

I match my hair color though and I follow my brow line. I've been doing it for the last 11 years lol.
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    While doing calf raises and wearing a belt?
  • Shenzi03
    Shenzi03 Posts: 88 Member
    Wut?

2qjf4mg.gif

Rocky Horror for the win!!! :love:
  • trizzletrix
    trizzletrix Posts: 92 Member
    In some cases maybe they made a bit of a mistake when waxing them and now have to try and rectify it haha!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member

hqdefault.jpg
    OMG, I just fell in love. HARD.

:laugh: The look on his face...priceless!!

I love drawing on my male Boston...my husband doesn't like it though.

Drawing on the dog, that is. He doesn't really like it when I draw on him either though.