Falling off the Wagon!

Options
2»

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    No words of wisdom, because I've been doing the same thing for months. My only advice is to keep trying. Eventually, it'll stick again. Remind yourself that summer's coming. That always gets my butt into gear this time of year.
  • mugslife
    mugslife Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am loving all this advice and support I am seeing on here! You can do this my friend--Take it one day at a time and set mini goals so as you accomplish each you will feel that satisfaction and be more motivated to move to the next. I did a reward for every 10 lbs I lost.

It was not easy for me to get started either, but I promised myself I needed to stick to it for 30 days before giving up. When that 30 days came, I wanted to see how much further I could go. Give yourself a 30 day challenge. Exercise (walk, run, swim, dance—just move!) for at least 20-30 minutes 3-4 days a week to start, and keep building on that little by little. Now that I am almost a year in I crave exercise and I enjoy doing it. I never imagined I would WANT to get up at 5am to go to the gym when I started, but that is my reality now and I love it. You do not need to go crazy out of the gate, just evolve-try to be better than you were the day before. I am here for you! Let's do this together!
  • blainepoe
    blainepoe Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Stop thinking about the ultimate goal. Take pride in every pound lost and every good decision. Find your ultimate goal activity or reason for changing yourself. Concentrate on it. Whether it is a vacation, a race, an activity or just feeling better. Find you reason and remember it every time you want to slip up. I was very discouraged from thinking about my 180 lb ultimate goal weight and starting to think about every small victory helped.

This is great advice. Find your passion for it, whatever it is.