New and scared but hopeful!

Options
Hi! I have been fat my whole life. I sm a compulsive overeater. I no longer want that. I once lost 110 pounds but I starved and I gained it back after 3 pregnancies in 5 years. I want to be healthy and I want that health to last. I struggle everyday. I have begun to exercise and I love it. I don't always love it but I push myself to meet the goals set forth on MFP. I have lost some weight, but my road is long, I need to lose about 70 pounds to be considered within a normal healthy weight range. I have been to this level of awareness before and I am afraid that I will lose it. I don't want to use food as a coping skill anymore! I have had years of therapy, read books and even tried 12 step. Now I will make it simple and keep it that way. Track my calorie intake and exercise. I hope I can do this because I want be able to have a long healthy life! Thanks for reading.

Replies

• CocoFire
    CocoFire Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Welcome. My original weight loss goal was 100 lbs. Even if I lost that amount I would still be overweight. I've been at this for 6 months. I've had wonderful support from my personal trainer, my friends, and the awesome people on this site. This really is a life change for me. I'm not the same person that I was when I started out. On top of losing weight, I lost a close friend several months ago. Everything in my life has changed. This journey has exposed the parts of me that needed healing. As the weight has come off, I've began to see all the complexity that kept me heavy all my life. It is a long road. But you don't have to walk it alone. Be kind to yourself. All you have to do is be willing to try. Just keep taking that next step!

I'm 53 pounds down in 6 months. Now I'm ready to revise my original weight loss goal because I love my new life! I know that when I reach 100 lbs, I'll still be eating well and exercising because this is *me* now.

(Oh and find your "soulmate workout." I love working out now that I'm doing Turbo Kick-- it's the best thing that has ever happened to me!)
  • matina29
    matina29 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your inspiration! I love how you put into words about exposing the parts that need healing, that's exactly what I am going through! I am sorry for the loss you suffered and I am grateful that you have decided to show your support here today!
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou:
    Weight loss is a long road but the destination is paradise.
  • JennBennett410
    Options
    I know your fear and pain. I have been at this many time. My greatest fear is that in a few years I will look back at the pics from now and say "Ohh that was the Christmas I was skinny.' It is like my mind goes there automatically. UGH
    That is why I love this site! It is keeping me focused and accountable for my actions.