Tuesday Triumphs!

Options

Replies

• swsays
    swsays Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    It's Tuesday again - time for more triumphs! Since last Tuesday, I hit a really tough patch for no apparent reason and with no warning. I spent many days feeling like I should give up. I was hit hard by a scale that didn't move for my Friday weigh-in. I was struck by the lack of support I have coming from my husband. BUT I kept at my program, I remembered that I have a routine and a plan, and only once did I eat something I regret (small bowl of Jelly Bellys) and even then I stayed under my calorie goal for the day. Best of all - I reached out to my social networks and asked for support (so huge for this stiff-upper-lip, never let 'em see you cry girl). And yesterday I was able to decide that I was seizing back my optimism and determination - that is my triumph this week.
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    New Tuesday Triumph: The cargo pants that didn't come past my thighs in October, slid right on and buttoned right up with room to spare!
  • jennh2014
    jennh2014 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Love this thread! My Tuesday Triumph - this week I met my first goal of 10 lbs gone and I have logged 25 days today! Whooooo Hoooooo!!
  • jhellwig828
    jhellwig828 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Love this! I am so much happier celebrating these little things than the number on the scale. With my weigh in yesterday I have officially lost 20% of my body weight and am down 2 pants sizes! I would never have thought it possible 6 months ago and I am almost teary typing this. So proud of everyone!
  • jmath911
    jmath911 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Kept checking the thermostat because I thought "surely the furnace isn't working". It still says 70 but i'm cold and I realized I'm losing my insulation!
  • thevilife4me
    Options
    I don't have a Triumph because I am starting over, again. I love this feed, congrats to everyone. It is uplifting to read and I plan on having a triumph next Tuesday.

Starting over is a triumph too! Onward :)

Thank you for saying that! I didn't feel like I had anything to celebrate for Triumph Tuesday, as i too am starting over!!!! Here is to NEVER GIVING UP!!!
  • lecia125
    lecia125 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My Mother ask we , "have you lost weight?" I haven't told her I was trying! I am down 21 pounds form my start weight!
  • pmur
    pmur Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I felt my medium sized running tights were slightly roomy today. Tried my too tight small sized one and it fit perfectly. Now only the slight muffin top left to go and I'm sure it'll go by the time I reach goal weight!!
    And best of all, I did the week 7 day 1 of the couch to 5k app and ran an entire 20 mins. When I started this program I was huffing and puffing after the 2-3 minute runs and couldn't wait for the walking breaks. I never though I could do this! I'm so proud of myself.
    Nobody IRL seems to be thrilled but I am and I'm sure each of you know what I'm talking about.
  • nicupson
    nicupson Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm using the third belt hole...and it's comfortable.

ME TOO!! Whoo Hoo! :smooched:
  • QueensGirl83
    QueensGirl83 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Foot hurting from walking on snow and ice and still doing my workouts!
  • lily710
    lily710 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I ate intuitively! Haha this is a HUGE issue for me... but I ate until I was JUST full and then stopped! A giant success when you love to eat!

Plus it's my birthday and I celebrated by getting 8 hours of sleep last night. :)
  • jennicole4
    jennicole4 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea for a thread! My Tuesday triumph is losing 7 inches over my body this week, and squeezing in the gym today even though I thought I had "no time" Those lost inches motivate me to want MORE! Goal is in sight!
  • manny1991
    manny1991 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    A sales rep brought in Reeses Cup singles to the office today. Before I knew it I had grabbed one and opened it . . . ;. . . looked at it and decided that it was not worth the 80 calories! So I gave it to my coworker! Yay me!

OMG!!!! I don't think I could EVER do this! I mean with the package open and everything!? Holy Moly, that is will power!

My tuesday triumph is that one of my regular customers actually called me "the skinny one" today. Definitely made me smile because I have NEVER been called skinny before. Ever.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of pants that I've been holding onto for an entire decade and they have never fit. They're nothing special. Just some sporty kind of track pants. I kept them around thinking, "Someday". I came close to fitting into them in 2006 but didn't quite make it and ended up putting on quite a bit of weight over the next 4 years. Today I tried them on and they fit. Comfortably.
  • SpicyBaconCake
    SpicyBaconCake Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My Tuesday started rough, with donuts and soda.
    Triumph: made better choices and finished under calories!
  • Momto4minions
    Momto4minions Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My husband commented that my jeans look too big. If he notices, they must be really baggy. He isnt always paying attention to fashion ! Lol
  • baileyang33
    baileyang33 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!!

I completed week 6 of Jillian Michael's Body Revolution... tomorrows my rest day! :wink:
  • snow00774
    Options
    Great tuesday stories!

I left work 3 hrs late and still had a bunch of errands and was starving - I held it together and was able to make it home without grabbing fast food like I was afraid I would - vicotry is mine, greasy yummy burgers!
  • the_great_unknown
    the_great_unknown Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a plank challenge and I had to do two today to catch up. Over a minute each :)
  • Kookyk9s
    Kookyk9s Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Lost my breakfast at work yesterday so came home and went to bed. Friend phoned and said that for sure she was catchng me on my fitbit steps , seeing that I was sick. WRONG! Did my 14,000 steps anyways. Legs were not sick - tummy was.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!