Help, me with logging strength/cardio exercises!!!!

Options
I'm getting really annoyed!!! How do I record butterfly stretches & starfish touch toes and resistance band exercises. I'm starting to do a lot of these types of workouts and it's so hard to record them.. Erraw! I tried creating but no calories showed were burned. Please help me.

Replies

• knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    find an online calculator to determine what the burn is enter the info then it will be in your data base to use again later - I don't think that MFP has a data base for specific exercises - if you are doing a 30 min routine with bands for strength training you can probably find the info online to calculate it and just make one entry

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calories_burned.htm

try that one
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I'm getting really annoyed!!! How do I record butterfly stretches & starfish touch toes and resistance band exercises. I'm starting to do a lot of these types of workouts and it's so hard to record them.. Erraw! I tried creating but no calories showed were burned. Please help me.
    Calories burned doesn't come up in the strength training part as they are pretty negligible anyway, if you overestimate on every little exercise and eat the calorie back you will be thwarting yourself.
    That being said you can type "strength training" into the cardio section and log it that way to get a calorie burn approximate number if you want.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Also, you could log the stretches as "stretching, hatha yoga" in the cardio section
  • Deestrong68
    Deestrong68 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Get a good HRM, and go by that. I think that would be more accurate than guessing.
  • Vanessa2044
    Options
    Thanks guys! Very helpful.
  • Vanessa2044
    Options
    Any suggestion on what to look for when purchasing a heart monitor? Bells & whistles or basic?
  • Deestrong68
    Deestrong68 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Polar makes a very good product.
    Get one with the chest heart rate strap they are more accurate,

http://www.polar.com/us-en