Halfway to my goal, down 40 lbs w/ pics.

Options
For the record, I'm 24, 5'5 (maybe 5'6). Starting weight was around 220, possibly slightly more. This morning I just weighed in at 179.8!

I got serious about losing weight & getting healthy at the end of August last year. I haven't done much exercising, just mostly counting calories thus far!

AY3zUk0l.jpg
From June of 2013, probably around 220-225 here, my highest weight. x_x

LsG2Rvnl.jpg
And that's from this past Saturday! Around 180 lbs. Awkward clothing choices because I was picking out an outfit for a date! (which went very well, I might add haha)

Sometimes I get fed up with plateauing and forget how far I've come. In my mind, I feel like I still look the same as I did 6 months ago, so pictures like this are really helpful in remembering how well I've done.

It's so overstated around here but I'm another person who believes "if I can do it, so can you". I never ever thought I'd get down to a healthy weight, and while I still want to lose another 40 lbs or more, this is the lowest weight I've been in who knows how long! I've gone from a size 20 (almost 22) to a size 14 (16 in some sizes... but I also got a pair of size 10 pants from goodwill that fit. WHAT ARE SIZES?!). I used to be addicted to junk food and I ate fast food nearly every day. I don't eat 100% healthy now, but I've noticed I just tend to make healthier choices without putting much thought into it, and I assume that'll get better with time too. So it's possible!

Replies

• HappilyRubina
    HappilyRubina Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much the same height and age. So I could feel your pics. Great job so far. I'm sure you'll nail your target soon!
  • houndbound
    houndbound Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    First of all, wow! I looove seeing progress photos, and you've really come a long way, congratulations! I'm proud of you!

Secondly, THANK YOU for telling me about this site! I'm finding it so easy to stick to counting calories and keeping track of what I eat, and it's already giving me some results, and it feels fantastic to be making progress!
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Congrats !!! Nicely done :) You look gr8 !
  • Momto4minions
    Momto4minions Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!
  • Elocin1980
    Elocin1980 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!! And you give me reassurance that it can mostly be done by counting calories.
  • harribeau2014
    Options
    NICE JOB!! well done :flowerforyou:
  • kmclamb13
    kmclamb13 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    You look like a total different person.Congrats on your lose and keep up the good work.
  • bribrijean234
    bribrijean234 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm looking at my future progress photo :) I'm 26, 5'6", SW 226, and ultimately I want to get back to 140.

Seriously though Congrats! Your progress is extremely inspirational to me. Thank you for posting and good luck with your continued success, I'm confident you'll reach your goal!
  • SimoneBee12
    SimoneBee12 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    You look so different!
    So inspirational.
    Keep going, you look great already, think about how amazing you're going to look after another 30-40lbs!! :D
  • Breena_Bean5
    Breena_Bean5 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You look STUNNING dahhhhling! :happy:
  • sturgill
    sturgill Posts: 118
    Options
    you look great . congrats on the weight loss.
  • janet6567
    janet6567 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    What a difference 40 pounds had made. You look fantastic. Congratulations on choosing to be fit and healthy!
  • MGinAK
    MGinAK Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Way to Go!!!
  • DanerTee
    DanerTee Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    congratulations, you look fantastic!
  • PolacaFL
    PolacaFL Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I love boots
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Great work! You've done amazingly and I have no doubt you can continue your journey.

I'm the same way with food. I don't eat 100% healthy either but tend to make more healthy choices than I used to. Recently, I've fallen off the more healthy wagon and need to get back on it. I've been *trying* to maintain for some time now. I tend to float in the 130s after a lifetime of being "obese" or "overweight". When I started MFP I was in the 180s.

You can do it!
  • kdjess08
    Options
    You look great! I'm 5'4" and my starting weight was 218, Im currently at 203. My goal for now is 175, but Id love to get back down to the 140s like I was before any babies came along.
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!! You look amazing. You should be so proud! And that's awesome that your date went so well. :)
  • mjcaraballo
    Options
    awesome sauce....congrats and you look great
    i want to have the same or similar success
    i started at 211.2 and i am 5'4 and been tracking for a week
    would like to get to 180 and see how it feels and looks :)
    congrats again
  • laurelthistle
    laurelthistle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!