How did you lose the weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• Audi68
    Audi68 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've been here for 3 weeks now and 8 lbs GONE!! I measure everything I eat and exercise 5 days a week.

I have tried everything from pills, shakes, and mircle plans that cost a fortune. I also tried Weight Watchers and that did work for a while but the points thing drove me nuts. This time I said I am going to do this and I am not wasteing any more money on crap, calories in and calories out doesn't cost a thing. YEAH!!! Plus, it works.
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    for now, I lift weights on Monday and Thurdays, followed by half hour of cardio
    Days between lifting, I do an hour of cardio
    Count everything
    Cut back on beer by 95%, and cut out all soda and sugary drinks.
    Also, a lot less time spent lounging on the sofa!!
    And most importantly, I found MFP and became one motivated MF'er
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Here is something I posted about what I did. It's kind of lengthy, so I am copying and pasting the link! :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/81336-the-keys-to-my-success?hl=The+keys+to+my+success
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Eating healthier food, doing more exercise, logging everything and trying to keep to the numbers layed out in the plan.
    Boring, but effort and committment gets results.

If I allow myself to lapse a little (happens a little too often, unfortunately) my rate of loss slows or even reverses.

The fundamental of "calories in < calories out" seems to do the trick, but keeping a balance and not having too aggressive goals help.

Oh, and like what @bpelletier8 says, MFP really helps in the support and motivation department!
  • Fitzpoppa
    Options
    Counting calories like crazy and doing the gym thing 4-5 times a week.
  • nordens
    nordens Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Cycled 160-miles from one side of the country to the other, training to ride from London - Paris....and running 15-miles a week!
  • golfbrew_matt
    golfbrew_matt Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    For me I have found that 85% of losing weight is accomplished through eating less. The other 15% is from exercising which makes me feel better and also encourages me to eat better since it helps me learn how much hard work is involved in burning 400 calories compared to how easy it is to eat 1300 calories (Chipotle anyone? :)
  • Wileyjoe
    Wileyjoe Posts: 282
    Options
    Counting calories
    Eating better foods
    meal replacement shakes
    More fruits and veggies
    Lean meats
    vitamins
    weight training 2-3x's per week
    Running at least 3x's per week
  • ChanelCharlie
    Options
    I watch my calories, but still eat food that I love...just less of it!
    I do Turbo Jam and elliptical 5 days a week!
    I drink a lot more water than I used to...10 cups a day!
  • Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    i lost about 25 lbs when i worked at olive garden. which is beyond me - i was eating their penne with EXTRA alfredo sauce on a daily basis. and snacking on breadsticks throughout my shift. :noway: i did go from sedentary (behind a desk) to working double shifts (8-9 hours a day running around)

somehow, it just goes to show if you MOVE, it makes a difference. now that i'm where i am and want to lose more, its gonna take a little more than that. :drinker:
  • StPattysGrl
    Options
    I'm new to this and only down about 5 lbs, but what I've been doing so far is just counting calories (never done that before) and working out as I always have (about 4 times a week). One of the biggest things that has helped me loose these five pounds is not eating out as much. We used to eat out at least every other day at a fast food restaurant. Wow - do the calories really add up when you do that! Plus I've stopped drinking regular coke, which I was addicted to.

It's become almost a game to me to figure out my eating plan for the day and what I will eat. The game is to make what I eat fit into my calorie count. I get a feeling of success when I've been successful at that at the end of the day! It's been sort of fun to find new lower calorie options for dinner and such.
  • millermichellelea
    Options
    A little off topic- but have you guys noticed that in real life when people ask you this and you tell them by working out and writing down every calorie that you consume... they are really disappointed? Like they thought that maybe you had a real secret, that you hadn't really had to work to lose the weight....... I get a little tickled every time someone sighs about the fact that it's work :-)

I so agree with what you posted! When I share how I lost the weight, the normal response from family and friends is......I am NOT going to count calories! ...and I don't have time to go to the gym.

We are what we eat:drinker: !!
  • Jourdan_Rystrom
    Jourdan_Rystrom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Read my profile where down the side I explain how I lost my weight :)

Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!