Freshman 15

Options
My name is Krystal, I am a freshman at Michigan State University. I have gained about 30 pounds since I graduated high school. The process was slow enough that I didn't realize it was happening, but now I am very unhappy with my weight. Just looking for other young people with this situation for some moral support! Heading to Mexico in 3 weeks, and I'm not even excited due to my weight. Anyone else feel like this?

Replies

• creativerick
    creativerick Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    First, you're in the right place for support I will warn you that you won't lose all the weight in 3 weeks, and you shouldn't try to.

Second, try to have fun on your trip. 10 years from now, what should matter is how much fun you had on your trip to Mexico, not that you were worried about a little bit of weight! :)

Good luck on your adventure.
  • bekkamcameron17
    Options
    I had the same problem, I gained about 25lbs . I've lost 10 of them so far but its been rough. Try not to let your weight ruin your time in mexico! You probably have enough time to lose some weight beforehand though.
  • juniperfox
    juniperfox Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Freshman 15 happened to me too. I'm a sophomore now and have lost 10 of those pounds in recent months. Feel free to add me! :)

Do you have a plan on how you want to lose weight? By the way I have that same scarf in your picture ahaha :)
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I gained the freshman 30 too! Ate too much Applebee's that first semester.
    I'm about 2 years into maintenance now, since April '12 of my Sophomore year with my weight going +/-5lbs

Once you're determined it gets easy! :)