I burn a Lot of Calories but Am Having Trouble with Losing

Options
:smile:

I don't post here often but i'm hoping for some help. I read through some of the articles that are pinned at the top but i'm still kind of confused.

I don't know if I'm supposed to be eating more or less calories or what. the calculators tell me 1800 which includes my exercise. I exercise a LOT because I am a fitness instructor so exercising less is NOT an option. I burn 600-700 calories per class so says my HRM (5 to 6 days a week).

i really do eat very cleanly. Nothing processed. I don't binge. I could probably stand to drink more water, but other than that i'm not sure? i've been the same scale weight for over 4 months. And yes I don't give the scale TOO much credit, because I know i'm probably building muscle, as my clothes seem to be fitting a little better. However, I still do have quite a bit of fat to lose especially in the stomach area, and I thought by now some of that would have started to come off. so maybe I need some tweaks?

what do you think ? more or less calories?

Replies

• GimmieDatSalad
    Options
    Is that 1800 plus the 600-700 you used on your work out? Or 1800 minus that?
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    If you're not eating back your exercise calories, you might only be netting 1000-1100 calories, which is way too few for how active you are. If that's the case, your body is probably holding on for dear life (literally) to every calorie you're giving it to help fuel your exercise. You might try eating back 50-75% of your exercise calories for a few weeks to see if that helps.
  • pinkreena711
    pinkreena711 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    yeah writer is right. i am netting probably about 1000. so i guess i should try eating more... thanks...