best fruit?

Options
Im stuck in a banana, tangerine, kiwi rut! Are any fruits better than others for you?

Replies

• SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    apple are filling for me, I enjoy the tart of grapes, lemon juice in water helps if i am hungry also.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    variety is better than eating the same thing day in day out.

my favourite fruits are berries, honeydew melon and mango. separately or all together in a fruit salad.
  • lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I have an apple everyday without fail - it's one of my favourite fruits and also high in fiber. Berries (strawberries, blueberries, etc.) are really good, pineapple, tangerines/clementines/satsumas are good for that sweet kick, grapes, pomegranate (seriously underrated fruit!), the list is pretty endless!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Do you like bananas, tangerines & kiwis? There are worse ruts you could be stuck in.....

When you say better are you referring to nutrition, glycemic index, vitamins, anti-oxidants etc?

Personally I'm a big fan of bananas - they're tasty, filling, high in fibre, packed with potassium and readily available - I also like berries (blueberries in particular) - sweet but low in sugar / calories, full of antioxidants & vitamins. And let's not overlook the humble apple - a huge variety of types (I'm love golden delicious) flavours and textures.

My best suggestion would be to base your choices on what's locally available , eat what's in season when you can and don't be shy about buying frozen blueberries (fresh are tastier but spoil more quickly and the ones you buy in winter are often tasteless Peruvian abominations)
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I vary my fruits....but I usually always have some sort of melon and a mixture of berries at my house. And I always grab mangos when they are on sale...because I love them.
  • emboslice94
    Options
    Mangos and strawberries!
  • lbsnoop76
    lbsnoop76 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    ha ha I do like bananas tangerines and kiwi but just seem to reach for them automatically, wasnt sure if any fruit was more healthy than any other. Ive never tried mangos so thats one for the list , I also tried Persimmon the other day which I liked but ended up with a sore tummy afterwards! Ill try and be more adventurous next time I go food shopping. Are tinned and frozen fruits just as healthy?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i'm a big fan of apples. i read once that an apple has the same amount of energy as a can of coke. since then i've replaced my 3pm soda and candy with an apple and some almonds, and i've never felt better.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I dunno about tinned, but i have heard frozen fruit and veggies are just as nutritious (some say more since they are often frozen at peak of freshness right at farm)
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Mangoes or Pineapple :love: