I broke through my plateau by exercising more

Options
Over the last few weeks I've greatly increased my exercise routine and I am seeing the results in my weight loss. I was on a sort of plateau for the last 6 months (after losing 16 kg) but broke through it and I'm losing between 1/2 to 1 kg per week now.

What I did is I just run 50% more (in terms of distance), this week I aim for 40 kilometers, and now I also swim a lot (goal is 5 kilometers for this week).

It's tough to maintain, but I feel great and it's working. Guess it'll get easier over the next few weeks!

Just wanted to share that in case somebody has been on a plateau for some time. Another solution could of course be to reduce your calorie intake, or a combination of both strategies, but for me this is what works best now.

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    So you got to a point in your weight loss what you had no deficit. Now you have created one.
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    well done and also a good reminder for me , many thanks
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    So you got to a point in your weight loss what you had no deficit. Now you have created one.

This...
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    yep, I do this, go kick some butt
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

This. Or you could have eaten less.
  • bperkins88
    bperkins88 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    definitely works for breaking a plateau!!

Untitled-ss2_zpsa50b31d2.jpg
  • ShellyakaLady
    ShellyakaLady Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing - I will definitely keep this in mind!
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options

Money