Holiday 150 mile Challenge

Options
Holiday 150 (or 100) mile challenge for 11/26/2010 - 12/25/2010

Since I missed the last '100 mile' challenge (well most of it) I thought I would start another one

150 (or 100) Total Miles for the Month of December...all of these Running Equivalent (RE) miles

Ratios:

Walk: 1:1
Run: 1:1
Bike: 4:1 (4 bike miles = 1 RE mile)
Rowing: 1:1
Swimming 1:5 (1 mile swimming = 5 RE miles)
Elliptical 1:1 (is that fair?)

as for other exercise equipment I'm not sure (I don't use anything other then above)

I know this is a bit more disciplined then the 'just get moving' challenge. But to me I think it will be very motivating.

Please declare your choice if you decide to participate and report your progress as you go (10 -150 for example)

I'm in for 150!

So on black friday...run to the stores don't drive :smile:

Replies

• only4me_lori
    only4me_lori Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am in...i vow to do 150...I have an elliptical in my bedroom and a beautiful lakeside path outside my patio door....I need this motivation...so keep on my A** everyday..:laugh:
  • nemrenu
    nemrenu Posts: 211
    Options
    Count me in for 60 miles, really I need to JUST get moving... I would like to think I could do more!!

I like the idea of changing up the miles between outside walks, treadmill and bike.

I have a Gazelle on my back patio, that I dont use much , but might?

:laugh: o yeah... Black Friday, thats gonna be one heck of a start.
  • JLSTEGEM
    JLSTEGEM Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am up to the challenge - I'm in for 100.
  • pandy123
    pandy123 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join in on the challenge?

If not, count me in for 150 miles. I am training for a marathon right now and I would love the challenge. :)
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go for 100 miles.
  • doug2691
    Options
    Its on just got back from thanksgiving vacation. 0 miles so far..will hope to add 3 run and 7 re-bike miles (30 bike). By days end.
  • doug2691
    Options
    20 Miles on bike for 5 RE miles + 3 miles ran

8 miles total
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I just found this and am so glad you put this challenge out there. I went for a (estimated) 3 mile run on Thanksgiving Day, so I'll consider that my start date.

I'm setting my goal at 100 miles by December 31. WOW!!!! That's a high goal. I can do this, I can do this! :)
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    20 Miles on bike for 5 RE miles + 3 miles ran

8 miles total

Looking good! Are you going to post your total each time?
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Previous total 3, today's total 5 (jogging) = 8 so far.
    92 to go! :wink:
  • esorcel
    Options
    I noticed postings have begun. Figured why not, since I completed last challenge, the new miles (3.16 from this morning!) will go here.

Looking forward to completing this journey. Am very excited to be here.

exercise.png
  • tdixon00
    Options
    I'm in for 150! Thanks for helping provide motivation :)
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    I'm in for 150! Thanks for helping provide motivation :)

150? My competitive side wants to say ME TOO!!! But my logical side knows better. :wink: Awesome commitment - kick some *kitten*, would ya? :)
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Previous total 8, today's jog 3.74 = 11.74.

88.26 to go! :)
  • doug2691
    Options
    1 more at the gym so I'm at 9...141 to go.
  • jheat1122
    jheat1122 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    started yesterday!! 2.5 down-97.5 to go!!
  • esorcel
    Options
    Completed 3 miles of walking this morning.

exercise.png
  • doug2691
    Options
    3 mile ran = 12 down 138 to go . I plan on knocking of another 3 later tonight (12 mile bike ride)
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Previous total 11.74 plus today's run/walk 5.39 miles = 17.13 total.
    82.87 to go! (Love seeing this number go down).

I just wanted to say to everyone who's participating, thank you! This challenge is saving my motivation right now (it was sort of plummeting.)

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but is anyone interested in introductions?

I can start. :wink: I'm Melissa, and this is going into my 2nd year of actively using MFP. I started jogging with the Cto5K program in July 2009, and have more or less kept up with it. MFP for me is a good source of motivation and support, and that's why I keep coming back. I've been SLOWLY losing weight this whole time (and I mean SLOWLY) but fitness and health are my priorities, since I've reached a healthy BMI, fit into clothes that feel good and generally feel pretty good in my own skin.

Who's next? :flowerforyou:
  • jheat1122
    jheat1122 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    stationary biked, walked, and ran for a total of atleast 4.5 today! 7 down...93 to go!

Ill go next :tongue: I'm Jessica, i've been on here for about a year I think, but have gotten wayy off track working out the past few months. I've always jogged, but I think this challenge will be great to motivate me to get milage in again! I do love mfp, because everyone is just so darn positive :happy: