Doing lunges,squats,leg lifts, but still have a saggy butt!?

Options
I have been doing lunges and squats with weights. Also have ankle weights for when I do donkey kicks and other various leg lifts. I do it at least 3 times a week for at least 10 minutes. I have a pretty big butt for my body and it's gotten a little bigger and a little firmer, but it still sags? What can I do to get those "sag lines" underneath my butt to go away?

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    donkey kicks dont do anything. jane jonda did tons of those back in the 80's and like sir mixx a lot noted "fonda aint got a motor in the back of her honda"

what's your form like on your lunges and squats? for squats to work your butt you need to get your hips parallel to the ground or below. lunges can't be half ones either, once again hips parallel or below.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Tushies aren't built in a day.

Give it time.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Lift heavier.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Define "weight".
  • Laura732
    Laura732 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Beachbody DVDs - Brazil Butt Lift, Les Mills Combat. Worked for me. Also checkout Oxygen magazine, there are butt workouts in there every month.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    more than likely what you need to do is lose fat, which exercise doesn't do.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    dead lifts with heavy weight
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I was listening to a podcast of a fitness professional who is also trying to build a better *kitten*. She is working with a trainer and even though she can see a vast improvement, she thinks it will probably take at least a year before her *kitten* is where she wants it to be. Be patient, it'll get there.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    What sort of weights and how heavy are you going when you squat and do lunges? Are you progressively loading - i.e. Adding more weight each workout?
  • Thanks, I'll try to pay attention more to my legs.Usually I just worry about keeping my back straight.
  • WarrenMrFitBloom
    Options
    If you don't mind post a pick. Also what does your diet and sleep look like. There are a number of factors that could account for this. Diet, excess stress, Also how does your mid section look. I know this might sound a bit invasive but I am trying to get a pic of some possible contributing factors to being to narrow down recommendations.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    donkey kicks dont do anything. jane jonda did tons of those back in the 80's and like sir mixx a lot noted "fonda aint got a motor in the back of her honda"

what's your form like on your lunges and squats? for squats to work your butt you need to get your hips parallel to the ground or below. lunges can't be half ones either, once again hips parallel or below.

and push through the heels and squeeze your butt on the way up on squats.
  • I started with 10 lbs and am now up to 30 lbs. My legs muscles look awsome and my butt looks great in clothes but I'm trying to get ready for bikini season and my butt is just horrible :/
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    only ten minutes???? my leg routine was yesterday and it lasted about 1hr 15 mins…squats and sumo DL's were about 40 minutes of that…just saying..

I would say ..eat in a deficit, and develop a better overall strength routine..

starting strength and new rules of lifting for woman are great resources….
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    oh yeah i forgot to add

bret contreras, look that guy up. he has an excellent book called strong curves, all about building a nice butt
  • Well...my diet good be better. I have a sweet tooth so that may be part of the problem? I'm a very petite girl and have a small stomach and waist and a big butt. Witch I wouldn't mind if it was easier to get in shape.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    continue to lose weight, start lifting heavy and give it time
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    only ten minutes???? my leg routine was yesterday and it lasted about 1hr 15 mins…squats and sumo DL's were about 40 minutes of that…just saying..

I would say ..eat in a deficit, and develop a better overall strength routine..

starting strength and new rules of lifting for woman are great resources….

beat me to it. ten minutes is nothing. girl i know with a flat *kitten* has been working hard for a year, doing legs twice a week for about an hour each time. she's got a great looking booty now.
  • AusEliza
    AusEliza Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    It's a good start, you will get there eventually. Just slowely increse the time and weight and you will achieve your goals. I'm basically in the same situation.
  • eliqball
    eliqball Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It's hard to get what you mean by "sag lines". If you have recently lost a ton of weight really quickly then you may be cutting too fast and your skin can't adjust in time to keep up. Remember the skin is an organ - if you give it a few weeks - months it will eventually shrink to fit.

If this is not the case, then your sag lines will be excess fat. In this case, you need to cut the fat by going on a calorie deficit for a few weeks. In this time continue with your exercises and maybe do some cardio. I would recommend sprints, cycling and swimming over jogging.

If you are trying to get a bigger bum / legs you will need to lift heavier weights. Realistically you can get away with just doing squats and deadlifts. Those two exercises alone will cover everything you need. If you still want to do isolation exercises. forget donkey kicks and look instead at exercises for the gluteus medius which will will give more shape to your hips and bum. Don't forget to work your core - this will help with squats and deadlifts!

Hope this helps