Remedy for doms ? Anyone

Options
Hello ,
I started strength training a couple of days back .. I have moderate doms in my upper back and lower abdomen .. Can anyone tell me how to reduce it and also if i should reduce my cardio for today .. I did hydrate myself very well andd rank protein drink after the strength training .. So any other stretching or other tips would be appreciated .

I had a similar soreness in my thighs last week and i read somewhere to roll with a rolling pin .. I did it one night and it had great effects .. So any such tip for the upper back and lower abs ?.
Thank you

Replies

• aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    honestly the number one thing that helped me was increasing my protein intake
  • Maaike84
    Maaike84 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    a tennis ball in between your back and the wall, gives a great massage and helps loosen things up...
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Foam roller, rolling pin, wine bottle, 4"PVS pipe, lacrosse ball or all the best options. I foam roll before working out to give me more mobility and after and long run or very heavy lifting day. Stretching is fine afterwards but make sure your muscles are not cooled off.

Your shouldn't limit cardio or lifting with DOMS. If anything it will help you feel better.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    time.

also increasing the blood flow to that area works. try massage and alternating hot and coldshowers
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Foam roller, rolling pin, wine bottle, 4"PVS pipe, lacrosse ball or all the best options. I foam roll before working out to give me more mobility and after and long run or very heavy lifting day. Stretching is fine afterwards but make sure your muscles are not cooled off.

Your shouldn't limit cardio or lifting with DOMS. If anything it will help you feel better.

If I drink a bottle of wine... I hardly notice the DOMS at all! Great advice!
  • eliqball
    eliqball Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great advice here, i say foam roller and protein intake are sure-fire ways. Protein being #1
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Aleve
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    more working out.

and a foam roller.
  • goalie234
    goalie234 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Keep at it.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Take one dose of chocolate milk at the end of your workout.

Whey protein drinks have also been shown to be effective.

Luckily, I am not aware of any studies comparing the chocolate milk and more concentrated forms of whey, so why not go with the first one?
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I have no science to back this up, only personal experience. For me if I drink 8 ounces of purple grape juice after I workout my DOMS are slight or non-existent.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Convince yourself that you love DOMS. They will be gone the next and never return until you miss a few weeks and hate doms again.