Need.. encouragement.

Options
you all know.. well most of you... ive been doing this for a while.. meaning.. months... with some stress and stuff... i feel like i might be falling off the wagon.. .. yesturday was terrible.. but it hasnt been the first time ive felt weak... :cry: ..... i guess i need the encouragement.. im getting tired.. any suggestions... i did great workouts yesturday..??.. i just dont know why i feel.. this way??...:ohwell:

Replies

• sftbutterflykiss
    sftbutterflykiss Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    you all know.. well most of you... ive been doing this for a while.. meaning.. months... with some stress and stuff... i feel like i might be falling off the wagon.. .. yesturday was terrible.. but it hasnt been the first time ive felt weak... :cry: ..... i guess i need the encouragement.. im getting tired.. any suggestions... i did great workouts yesturday..??.. i just dont know why i feel.. this way??...:ohwell:
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Just keep chugging along.. you're going to have hard days (weeks) and since you have figured out you're a stress eater... figure something out to do when you're feeling stress so you dont run to the fridge.

Even if that means you have to pretend I"m on your shoulder yelling at you saying SHANA nothing tastes as good as being thin FEELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you're stressed.. throw a couple kids i the stroller or wagon and go for a walk.... clean something... drink a glass of water......

When I feel like I"m having a weak moment.. I usually clean or work out to get my mind off it.
  • sftbutterflykiss
    Options
    :noway: .. throw a couple of kids in the stroller:ohwell:
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Just keep on keepin' on, it is worth it. Think how much worse you'd feel if you gave up. You will turn another corner soon if you just stick with it. Honest. :smile:
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    well I was GONNA say go for a walk.. but then I knew you'd say you had to take the kids LOL. SO throw the ones who cant walk in the stroller ;)
  • wendyk523
    Options
    I recently went to a meeting at work with a speaker named John O'Leary - he talked about the fact that the best thing about right now is you have a choice to change the way you go forward from this minute -- regardless of what the past was. So if yesterday was tough -- the great thing is today is a new thing.

He also said, "You may not be able to choose the path you walk, but you can always choose the way in which you walk"

I recently lost 45lbs - I have met my goal weight -- I stay on MFP to keep it off and stay on track, there will always be tough days - but then I look in the mirror and think - ok start again today.

You can do it!!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hey! I know what a daunting task it can be to lose weight, but just know that each small change you make can be the difference. You don't have to stress out while doing this. I know it's easy for me to say...but what made a huge difference for me was simply looking at food differently. It suddenly hit me that I was letting food control my life WAY too much.

Food tastes good and is comforting, but it just isn't worth feeling horrible about myself and avoiding life with my family. I started seeing it as fuel for my body and something to contribute to my overall health. (I say this a lot!! HAHA)......but honestly, thinking of it that way makes it SO easy to eat healthy. But because I don't want to be hungry, I make wise choices to keep me satisfied. And doing this has helped me SO much.

Also, just take it a week at a time. And remember that as time goes on, you can be losing weight slow and healthy with it...or not. Wouldn't you hate for a certain day in the future to get here and have it hit you that you could have been at your goal by then?? That thought drives me!

Just be good to yourself!!
    -Tami
  • mamaorvis
    Options
    I call my closest friend and do laps around the house! and if I can't get ahold of her I just do laps and think about the heads I am gonna turn when it is all said and done!!! :)
    You can do it stay positive, I am trying to lol! and I am just starting out ugh! lol
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Six kids!:tongue: Know wonder your tired:laugh:
    But really just take it one day at a time. If you don't get to exercise one day don't think of it as a bad day. You did what you could do and that's that. If all you can do is keep track your calorie intake then that's what you do for now.
    I hope your able to get some your time. I know it could be impossible. I have one and it's tough for me to do it. But it really would be a difference with your energy and well being.
    Little things make a big difference. Keep going your doing great:flowerforyou:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • jroji
    jroji Posts: 4
    Options
    Go to the grocery store, and find the isle where they sell lard. (they sell it in blocks, or in a big tub) The containers will say how much each block weighs. I pull out 8 pounds worth (which is how much I have lost) and pick it up, it feels heavy!!! It makes me feel better when I have a visual of how much I have lost, and it motivates me to keep going! It reminds me of when Oprah came on her show with a wagon full of fat!
  • monica5237
    monica5237 Posts: 450
    Options
    When you start to feel this way remember it is okay to feel like you do, your feeling are valid. All you can do is think of why you started in the first place and think of your end results. every time I get tempted by something sweet (i.e. birthday cake ice cream) I just think of this little phrase, Who am I cheating if I have that? MYSELF!!!! I just say no and keep going and I might have a tiny piece of cake but I don't deprive myself of these things and you should not either. The key is everything in moderation. You will be fine and you can do it. Just keep going!!!! Do it for YOU and YOU only!!!!!!!

Good luck,
    I know you can do it!!!!
    Monica
  • our5cooks
    our5cooks Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's hormones....I go through this at least once and sometimes for a week every month and it's usually before that time! Keep going and don't get down on yourself we all have these moments. You can't give up over 20 lbs. because that's an amazing drop in weight. I have to tell myself that all the time because I have so much to lose that 20 lbs. doesn't seem like much. Look at your kids and you'll remember why falling is not an option!!!!! My kids always sing a song from "Yo Gabba Gabba" to me and it goes "keep trying don't give up, keep trying don't give up". It makes me get tears every time and I remember failure in NOT an option! I know that with all these wonderful people on here you will NOT give up!!!! :flowerforyou: for all the hard work you've done!

76013.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • aprildpettitt
    Options
    I recently went to a meeting at work with a speaker named John O'Leary - he talked about the fact that the best thing about right now is you have a choice to change the way you go forward from this minute -- regardless of what the past was. So if yesterday was tough -- the great thing is today is a new thing.

He also said, "You may not be able to choose the path you walk, but you can always choose the way in which you walk"

That's awesome stuff!

I know what gets me discouraged most of the time. Even though I know it isn't true, sometimes I feel like I just woke up one morning fat so shouldn't I be able to just wake up one morning thin again??? haha....guess I just wasn't paying attention to myself for a while!

Keep your spirits up! I'm coming to realize that the 2 most important things for successful weight loss are motivation and patience. I think it is great to be able to come here and have others be our cheerleaders when we are losing that feeling of cheering for ourselves. It can get you back on track in a jiffy!

*hugs*
  • sftbutterflykiss
    Options
    well I was GONNA say go for a walk.. but then I knew you'd say you had to take the kids LOL. SO throw the ones who cant walk in the stroller ;)

GOTTA LOVE YA ANGIE... YOU KNOW THERE IS NOOOO EXCUSE FOR ME WANTING TO GIVE UP....
    THATS MY CHICA....
  • sftbutterflykiss
    Options
    HOW INSPIRATIONAL IS THIS..... I WAS CLEANING OUT MY BEDROOM CLOSET AND OTHER THINGS.. AND ALMOST THE SAME THOUGHTS WERE GOING THROUGH MY HEAD.... (( TEARING UP)... I NEEDED THIS .... IT BROUGHT IT TO THE LIGHT..!!!!
  • sftbutterflykiss
    Options
    I call my closest friend and do laps around the house! and if I can't get ahold of her I just do laps and think about the heads I am gonna turn when it is all said and done!!! :)
    You can do it stay positive, I am trying to lol! and I am just starting out ugh! lol

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!
  • sftbutterflykiss
    Options
    Go to the grocery store, and find the isle where they sell lard. (they sell it in blocks, or in a big tub) The containers will say how much each block weighs. I pull out 8 pounds worth (which is how much I have lost) and pick it up, it feels heavy!!! It makes me feel better when I have a visual of how much I have lost, and it motivates me to keep going! It reminds me of when Oprah came on her show with a wagon full of fat!

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!... I REMEMBER THAT EPISODE LIKE IT WAS YESTURDAY.. I THINK I WAS IN MIDDLE SCHOOL....... OMG.. I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT.... I NEED TO GO PULL OUT 21 POUNDS WORTH... THIS IS AN AWESOME IDEA!
  • sftbutterflykiss
    Options
    Maybe it's hormones....I go through this at least once and sometimes for a week every month and it's usually before that time! Keep going and don't get down on yourself we all have these moments. You can't give up over 20 lbs. because that's an amazing drop in weight. I have to tell myself that all the time because I have so much to lose that 20 lbs. doesn't seem like much. Look at your kids and you'll remember why falling is not an option!!!!! My kids always sing a song from "Yo Gabba Gabba" to me and it goes "keep trying don't give up, keep trying don't give up". It makes me get tears every time and I remember failure in NOT an option! I know that with all these wonderful people on here you will NOT give up!!!! :flowerforyou: for all the hard work you've done!

76013.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

yes i was thinking this also... i recently had my 6th child... only 6 1/2 months ago.. i know that my body is still changing.. due to having my tubes tied.. maybe it is.. horomones..... BUT HOW THE HECK TO I GET PAST IT.. AND NOT GAIN 6 POUNDS BACK IN A WEEK..!!!:huh: :grumble:
  • sftbutterflykiss
    Options

That's awesome stuff!

I know what gets me discouraged most of the time. Even though I know it isn't true, sometimes I feel like I just woke up one morning fat so shouldn't I be able to just wake up one morning thin again??? haha....guess I just wasn't paying attention to myself for a while!

Keep your spirits up! I'm coming to realize that the 2 most important things for successful weight loss are motivation and patience. I think it is great to be able to come here and have others be our cheerleaders when we are losing that feeling of cheering for ourselves. It can get you back on track in a jiffy!

*hugs*

YES IT DOES FEEL GREAT..... ONE... TO KNOW THAT OTHER PPL FEEL LIKE I DO.. AT ANY MOMENT... TWO... THAT PPL CAN SAY ENCOURAGING THINGS.. THAT BRING ME UP WHEN I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND WHY IM FEELING THE WAY I AM.. YOU ALL KNOW WHAT TO SAY AT THE RIGHT TIMES.. ITS AWESOME.... AND THREE .. IM NOT GOING CRAZY A LONE... GOTTA BE CRAZY TO LOVE MFP...:flowerforyou: :laugh: :happy: :tongue: :smooched: :smile: :wink:
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    When I feel down I take out my list of things I want to do before I die and look up pictures of them on the internet. Funny how those pictures inspire me and lift my spirts~~

Also, watch a funny movie when you feel depressed...laughing out loud is sooo wonderful!!

Know that you are beautiful....keep going!!!!!!

~Namaste :flowerforyou: