Is anyone else Paleo on here?

Options
I'd love to see what other people are doing as far as food diary's and such, if you lead a Paleo lifestyle!

Replies

• MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Check out some of the paleo groups. People tend to rip others apart for their lifestyle choices if its not low calorie even though supposedly the mods say they aren't supposed to.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Check out some of the paleo groups. People tend to rip others apart for their lifestyle choices if its not low calorie even though supposedly the mods say they aren't supposed to.
    LOL WUT???

there is a wildly large difference between pointing out scientific flaws and myth/misinformation in someone's post verses "ripping them apart"
  • KarenisPaleo
    KarenisPaleo Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Yes check out the low carb forums and Paleo/primal forums, too. In about 2 seconds you will get plenty of replies from people who wait for these posts to chime in on the subject with all their "infinite food wisdom and knowledge"
    Don't spend any time on them, they are rude, condescending and unhelpful.

Good luck!
  • KarenisPaleo
    Options
    Ha! There's one now!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    LOL WUT???

there is a wildly large difference between pointing out scientific flaws and myth/misinformation in someone's post verses "ripping them apart"
    While I agree that paleo makes no logical sense, that isn't what the OP was asking.......just to look at peoples diaries and the advice to just look at the paleo groups diaries is probably the best advice the OP is going to get in that context. Most of the posts will be educating the OP in how wrong here decision is.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Ha! There's one now!

Zealots, zealots everywhere!
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I'd love to see what other people are doing as far as food diary's and such, if you lead a Paleo lifestyle!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/37-primal-paleo-support-group
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    LOL WUT???

While I agree that paleo makes no logical sense, that isn't what the OP was asking.......just to look at peoples diaries and the advice to just look at the paleo groups diaries is probably the best advice the OP is going to get in that context. Most of the posts will be educating the OP in how wrong here decision is.

And I understand that- I didn't come in here to spout of non paleo stuff. I don't have an issue with it- I actually really like trying new things and love trying new "paleo" labelled recipes- finding new substitutes to try new things (would have never discovered spahgetti squash- which turns out- I love!)

That was not the point I was making- second post said- oh people come in here and rip you apart- and drag mods in here- like you need to be written up. I probably would have said nothing at all had that not been said.

Calling someone a mean bully who is breaking the rules just because you don't like what they have to say isn't remotely close to the same thing as pointing out an actual scientific error.
    Ha! There's one now!

Rolls eyes: I didn't say anything bashing the paleo thing. Or her- I actually said NOTHING about being paleo. Defensive much?

. I was pointing out calling someone a bully who needs to be moderated when they aren't bullying is WRONG.
  • lequire
    lequire Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This is why we can't have nice things.
  • neanderthin
    Options
    LOL WUT???

And I understand that- I didn't come in here to spout of non paleo stuff. I don't have an issue with it- I actually really like trying new things and love trying new "paleo" labelled recipes- finding new substitutes to try new things (would have never discovered spahgetti squash- which turns out- I love!)

That was not the point I was making- second post said- oh people come in here and rip you apart- and drag mods in here- like you need to be written up. I probably would have said nothing at all had that not been said.

Calling someone a mean bully who is breaking the rules just because you don't like what they have to say isn't remotely close to the same thing as pointing out an actual scientific error.
    Ha! There's one now!

Rolls eyes: I didn't say anything bashing the paleo thing. Or her- I actually said NOTHING about being paleo. Defensive much?

. I was pointing out calling someone a bully who needs to be moderated when they aren't bullying is WRONG.
    Gotcha. Yeah...lol....that happens a lot.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    LOL WUT???

I really don't see where eating a whole foods way of eating is not based on Science????
  • neanderthin
    Options
    LOL WUT???

I really don't see where eating a whole foods way of eating is not based on Science????
    It's not about the food that is eaten, it's about the food that isn't......we don't really have to go there in this thread, do we.
  • KarenisPaleo
    Options
    LOL WUT???

Ha! There's one now!

Ahahaha! Oh yea, gotcha indeed

showed me for sure!
  • neanderthin
    Options
    LOL WUT???

Ha! There's one now!

Ahahaha! Oh yea, gotcha indeed

showed me for sure!
    There you go again.:bigsmile: