Fitness after a miscarriage

Options
Hi i wonder if anyone can help me.
On friday (7th feb 2014) we lost our unborn baby (i was 12 weeks, we saw the heart beat at 6weeks) anyway today i had to go in for an operation to have everything removed as was told by docs it was too risky for me to carry on at home due to the expected blood loss. Ssorry for to much info. Has anyone been through anything like this and how long before you started exercising and dieting again. At the min im still in alot of pain so i understand it wont be tomorrow just was wondering if anyone had any experience/insight
Thanks x

Replies

• Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have. Usually your doc will want to see you a month post-op and you'll probably be given the green light then.

I'm sorry for your loss :flowerforyou:
  • callas444
    callas444 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Definitely consult the doctor that did your procedure. It may say your limitations on your post-op paperwork. Surgeries all vary on recovery time, but you won't be able to do any kind of lifting or rough cardio for at least 4-6 weeks on most types of surgery.

So sorry for your loss.
  • subylove32
    subylove32 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I also recently miscarried in November - I wasn't that far along so I was able to take meds at home, but still spotted for 8 more weeks. It took me at least a month to get going again due to the fatigue and off and on cramping, but as soon as the hormones were down to 0, I was feeling so much better. I would give your body a couple weeks to recover and start again when you're not in anymore pain - just watch you diet and take it easy. =)
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss.

Most doctors will recommend waiting one to three weeks (depending on how you're feeling) after a D&C. Take it slow, and if you're feeling uncomfortable, ramp back down.

Best wishes.
  • PhoenixStrikes
    PhoenixStrikes Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I had 5 miscarriages and honestly the human body can get rid of it all by itself. I stopped paying for the D&C after the second one and let my body take care of it. It takes at least two months for me to get back into a work out regiment. Just listen to your body and take it easy, the physical aspect is not as important as the mental. Good luck sweetie.
  • ThenewMrsGill
    ThenewMrsGill Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the replies. Was thinking exercise might help with the recovery mentally. Will wait 2 weeks then book an appointment with my doctor to check im healing and then discuss it with them. Just dont want to sit around the house thinking about it too much, want to try and get back to some sort of normality asap. Thanks again x