Steady Weight Loss, Grapefruit Diet 1 Week

Options
So alot of people have probably seen this 1 week "Fad" Diet - http://www.jaduncan.com/2006/04/how-i-lost-stone-in-week.html

My question is, im steadily losing weight, ranging from 2-4 lbs per week via calorie control, if I were to do this diet for one week, then continue my diet as I have been, will I put the weight back? Or will I continue to lose at the same rate prior to the diet?
I know they say you put it all back without being on a diet but would my method work or not?

Replies

• KatherineEO
    Options
    The only way to lose weight and truly keep it off is a lifestyle change. Dedication and motivation. You have to eat properly, workout, and stay on track. You can't throw a "fad diet" in there and expect to keep the weight off.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Don't fix it if it ain't broke.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I actually know this diet because a family member did it. Don't do it unless you plan on eating that much grapefruit the rest of your life. If there's one thing I've learned from experience and observation, it's that temporary diets will lead to weight gain once you're done with it.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Yeah no, fad diets are a waste of time so don't go doing that. But points for digging up one from the archives though! Everyone is doing magic soup or some Bible diet or whatever but the 1980s grapefruit diet? Crystal Light Dancers for you!:drinker:
    2d6qqeg.jpg
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    If
    -it truly was a loss of mass via caloric deficit (not water weight or weighing yourself during extreme fasted states)
    -If you truly go back to a the caloric deficit when you come off

Then the weight would not come back on and you would be good to go.

Some fad diets are absolutely fine but you have to understand they are just tools in your toolbox.

Some fad diets are crap and an illusion of loss of water weight and putting yourself in extreme fasts. Basically smoke and mirrors.

It drives me insane when people say diets are a waste of time and "are you going to eat like that for the rest of your life?"

That is a dumb assumption. Is anyone going to eat at a caloric deficit and for the rest of their life? No. They would eventually die.

What people are really saying is that you didn't learn anything from the fad diet and that they do not believe that you have the constitution to not binge after the diet is done.

WHICH is true for a good deal of people, they hit extreme deficit and make it through the fad diet only to loose self control when they come off and binge like crazy, actually doing more harm than good.

At the same time, if you have self control then you can absolutely do something like the "3 day military diet" once a month and have great success. It is just a tool in your tool box. You just have to learn how to use the tools properly and what tools are crap and not worth your time.
  • MinkyMoo13
    MinkyMoo13 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    If
    -it truly was a loss of mass via caloric deficit (not water weight or weighing yourself during extreme fasted states)
    -If you truly go back to a the caloric deficit when you come off

Then the weight would not come back on and you would be good to go.

Some fad diets are absolutely fine but you have to understand they are just tools in your toolbox.

Some fad diets are crap and an illusion of loss of water weight and putting yourself in extreme fasts. Basically smoke and mirrors.

It drives me insane when people say diets are a waste of time and "are you going to eat like that for the rest of your life?"

That is a dumb assumption. Is anyone going to eat at a caloric deficit and for the rest of their life? No. They would eventually die.

What people are really saying is that you didn't learn anything from the fad diet and that they do not believe that you have the constitution to not binge after the diet is done.

WHICH is true for a good deal of people, they hit extreme deficit and make it through the fad diet only to loose self control when they come off and binge like crazy, actually doing more harm than good.

At the same time, if you have self control then you can absolutely do something like the "3 day military diet" once a month and have great success. It is just a tool in your tool box. You just have to learn how to use the tools properly and what tools are crap and not worth your time.

This is fantastic advice!!! I am currently using this diet as a "tool" to kick start my healthy eating/weight loss as i've been struggling for a while. I know once I get in the zone i will be back to eating healthy again and this diet will get me back into eating high protein with salad and low carb (which works for me). I may continue to eat grapefruit regularly as it's cheap and has amazing health benefits!

I'm on day 2 and have lost 2lbs already. Am excited about weighing tomorrow! Let me know if you did this diet jmsspr93 and how you got on!
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Don't fix it if it ain't broke.

My thought as well.