jumping back on the wagon

Options
well the title says it all really gave up on fitness pal 5 months ago stupidly! and today here I am again just done the hardest thing ever check in and it's broke my heart gone from 9/07/2013 177.4 lbs to 2/10/2014 192.4 lbs feel utterly crap about my self but also really damn annoyed that I let my self do this I'm going to sit and look through success stories now and get motivated I know that if I stayed and stuck in that I would probably be writing my own success story now . I hope that there are people out there that gave up first time around and gained weight but pulled it back together and made a success of it would be great to here from any of you xxx thanks for reading my babble ..........................gill.... x

Replies

• lisiloulah
    lisiloulah Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    We all have moments like that - it might one day, or a week or a few months - I generally find it's best not to beat yourself up about it, just take a deep breath and shake it off, then start fresh.

If you need any help you know where I am!

Lisa x
  • gillmitch
    Options
    thanks lisa x
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I tried MFP over a year ago and then fell off (I didn't use the social aspect of MFP--big mistake) and gained more. In August I came back in earnest and have had much better success. I joined a challenge group right away and that really did the trick for me, it's an automatic support group that helps with motivation. I'd say you should set a "new low" goal, join a challenge and get on with it. Your lapse will be a minor bump in the rear view mirror by summer.
  • KapuaK
    KapuaK Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    First off...WELCOME BACK!
    Secondly...don't beat yourself up. We all have slips, misses and downright falling off the wagons but I'm glad you didn't let the stop you from coming back, posting and getting some motivation to help you get going.

For some this journey is tough, I'm not going to lie, but if it were easy we all wouldn't be here. It takes time and consistency. And when things get tough..come here to MFP and get some motivation, like your doing now. Sometimes hear/reading how others got through it helps.

We are all here to help each other...feel free to add me if you'd like some extra motivation!