101lbs. down, 21 more to go.

From 2009, to 2011 I lost over 109lbs. I have the typical story, I ate too much...mostly to calm my nerves from a broken marriage. In 2011, under a different username (irunforfun) with the support of MFP, I ran my first marathon. Unfortunately, during that time my divorce was becoming finalized, and I was becoming obsessive with my eating habits. In a 6 week time frame, I lost 30lbs.

Fast forward a few months later, I finished the marathon in 5:33. Unfortunately, I began running too soon -- resulted in injury, and weight gain. During that time I fell in love with a MFP user. With the injury, time difference, and lack of sleep from our late night phone calls...came on another 30lbs. of what I had lost. He lived on the other side of the country. 5 months later, I moved across the country, met him, and we got married 6 days later. We were married 9 months last year, when I finally got a grip on things, got used to the Northwest culture, and decided to take back my life once again. In 2013, I lost 26 of the 30 I put on. Today I sit at 146lbs, 8lbs. heavier than my lowest weight.

Thanks to MFP, I am working on a wonderful career in fitness, having an incredible husband, and a passion for fitness and nutrition. I love the support I get on here from my friends, and from others in the forums. Thanks for letting me share my story.

Now the fun part, pictures!

The Befores:
highest_zpse8b33046.jpg
my heaviest. 247lbs, summer 2008.
AnnieRedGold_zps7aac5722.jpg
My lowest around 138lbs. So beautiful, but so undernourished, and unhealthy at this point in 2011.
us2jpg.jpg
Married about 2 months in 2012 in this pic. I was still pretty heavy in this picture, but not quite ready to take off that weight...yet.
AnnieFeb2014_zps640e0da5.jpg
Sunday, February 9th, 2014. 146lbs. Healthy, and happy because I did it the right and healthy way.

Replies

• craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    You look great...congratulations.
  • emmaelisenl
    emmaelisenl Posts: 39 Member
    Amazing progress! And good for you, doing it the healthy way!
  • Aw, a love and success story. Congrats!
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Well done! Keep at it!
  • boxpunk
    boxpunk Posts: 52 Member
    great story! and for the marriage, you beat me. I met my hubby online, moved to a new state and got married two weeks later. 9 months and 60 pounds later came my baby. Great job, you look amazing
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Wow, that's incredible. Go you! :D
  • Thanks everyone for your kind words! :)
  • vtotheicky
    vtotheicky Posts: 62 Member
    Thank you for sharing your very inspiring story! It' gives me so much hope. Huge congratulations on your weight loss and your beautiful family! :)
  • phillrn
    phillrn Posts: 338 Member
    WOW!!!!Congrats.....you look great!
  • fsucrack
    fsucrack Posts: 68 Member
    Wow you look incredible!! Thanks for sharing
  • bg192905
    bg192905 Posts: 68 Member
    Way to go!! Congrats!!
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    great work! keep it up! :)
  • debbie14892
    debbie14892 Posts: 120 Member
    Congratulations! You look amazing!
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    awesome and i love to see that even at you lowest you knew it wasnt right and NOW feel better and healthier at a SLIGHT heavier weight and you look AMAZING!!!
  • awesome and i love to see that even at you lowest you knew it wasnt right and NOW feel better and healthier at a SLIGHT heavier weight and you look AMAZING!!!

Thank you SO much! That's why they always say it's not always the destination, it's the journey. :) I fully expected to continue being a distance runner, be a teeny, tiny under 120lb. woman with no muscle by this time but now I LOVE body building, and love my curves and lower body fat percentage. The "detour" was so worth it. Thank you! <3
  • bedot
    bedot Posts: 86 Member
    What a great story! You are beautiful...CONGRATULATIONS!
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Congrats!
  • BlueButterfly94
    BlueButterfly94 Posts: 303 Member
    This is unbelievably amazing, congratulations to you and I hope you continue to be healthy and happy!
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Wow, that's such a wonderful story!! Congrats to you for achieving your goal in a healthy way, and falling in love on MFP -- awwww :):):) That's so sweet!!!! Congrats to you - you're very inspirational :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!