Feeling Shakyness

Options
Hello all,

I have been on very low diet and i have started to feel shakiness when i stands up...did anyone faced same ever?

i did eated a bit more yesterday also going to eat more and give my body rest today

when i eat i get fine but after that 4 mile running+strength training i again starts feeling shaky

i do not feel weak at all...i am always cheered up its just that only when i stands up from chair or bed i do feel a bit shaky and then it gets right..should i increase my diet?

Replies

• ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    That's probably an indication that you need to eat more, so yes.
  • chantelp0508
    chantelp0508 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Eat a sandwich, you'll feel better
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    Options
    You haven't been anywhere close to meeting your caloric goals, according to your food diary. I get that feeling if I haven't eaten enough protein, but you probably need to try to eat closer to your goals.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    That's probably an indication that you need to eat more, so yes.

^This. Eat more. I looked at your diary and you're not eating nearly enough for a man.
  • sandhusaab16
    Options
    I think its low blood pressure...

I hope it gets fine when i start eating more ..i will give my body rest today...
  • sandhusaab16
    Options
    Guys...does it gets fine if i start eating more?

i mean i hope its not a disease :( my age is 20 btw :|
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    You're not eating anywhere near enough sodium, you should definitely increase your intake to try and meet the 2500 per day. It's ok to be over, but there is a point where it's too little as well.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary, you have been eating significantly under your goal, and it could well stem from that. Make sure, as others have said, that you try to eat enough to sustain your body. You are working out hard, and your body needs lots of water and carbs to help make up for the water lost as sweat and for the glycogen you use up while working out.

I highly recommend going to see your doctor, though, and see what he/she has to say.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I have been on very low diet and i have started to feel shakiness when i stands up...did anyone faced same ever?

i did eated a bit more yesterday also going to eat more and give my body rest today

when i eat i get fine but after that 4 mile running+strength training i again starts feeling shaky

i do not feel weak at all...i am always cheered up its just that only when i stands up from chair or bed i do feel a bit shaky and then it gets right..should i increase my diet?

How many calories are you eating? Is this "low calorie diet" doctor recommended?

You are experiencing shakiness because you are not eating enough. You feel shaky after running and strength training most likely because your blood sugar is low from not adequately fueling your body prior to working out.
  • sandhusaab16
    Options
    Hello all,

How many calories are you eating? Is this "low calorie diet" doctor recommended?

You are experiencing shakiness because you are not eating enough. You feel shaky after running and strength training most likely because your blood sugar is low from not adequately fueling your body prior to working out.

I have been eating very less 1400 calories per day with near about 700 burnt :/
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options

I hope it gets fine when i start eating more ..i will give my body rest today...

You are experiencing shakiness when standing up because your blood pressure is dropping suddenly from not eating enough sodium. Make sure you are eating at least 2500 mg a day.
  • sandhusaab16
    Options

You are experiencing shakiness when standing up because your blood pressure is dropping suddenly from not eating enough sodium. Make sure you are eating at least 2500 mg a day.

Can you tell me some veggies/fruits which has more sodium?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

Sigh

giphy.gif
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options
    Hello all,

That is extremely dangerous. I suggest you find your TDEE. http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

Considering I can lose a pound a week eating 1840 calories, you can most likely eat well over 2000 and still lose weight.

Go to the website I provided and find out what your TDEE is. Then eat however many calories it tells you your body needs.
  • ThePersnicketyOtter
    Options
    Low blood sugar causes shakyness. I saw that you're eating 1400 and burning 700 cals, that's probably why. You're netting 700 calories a day and you're just not getting enough food. Eat more, feel better.
  • cmstirp
    cmstirp Posts: 51 Member
    Options

You only really need 500mg of sodium per day. It may be increased if you're exercising a lot, but that 2500mg is an upper limit. You should be trying to stay under that.

There are also some people that need more sodium, but that's something for a doctor to diagnose.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Eat some bananas and up your sodium
  • sandhusaab16
    Options
    Low blood sugar causes shakyness. I saw that you're eating 1400 and burning 700 cals, that's probably why. You're netting 700 calories a day and you're just not getting enough food. Eat more, feel better.

Thanks i will eat more :|
  • sandhusaab16
    Options
    Hello all,

That is extremely dangerous. I suggest you find your TDEE. http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

Considering I can lose a pound a week eating 1840 calories, you can most likely eat well over 2000 and still lose weight.

Go to the website I provided and find out what your TDEE is. Then eat however many calories it tells you your body needs.

I will try it thanks