Zumba on wii

Options
Has anybody tried this?
Let me know what your experiences are! :)
Thanks! :)

Replies

• Stacy_Kerns
    Options
    I did this just last night! It's fun...and hard for me.
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    yes,yes,yes. My daughter and I do this 5 times a week. It's a lot of fun and when we are done, we are sweating like *kitten* in church. I tried to get the exact calorie burn on the internet, but it ranges from 200 calories to 350 for a 20 min dance routine, so we just go by the 200 to be safe. We have the original Zumba Wii. I think they have 1 or 2 more new ones now though. Good luck! And yes, we are losing 2lbs a week, by also watching our calorie intake.

Oh, let me add one thing. I know I'm not doing it just right, cause it's hard to mimic exactly what the gal is doing, but hey, we are still shaking our booties and hips!
  • lizj0nes21
    Options
    I did this just last night! It's fun...and hard for me.

I've never done any sort of Zumba, I'm absolutely horrible at dancing lol. My fiancé I getting m a wii and Zumba and I'm excited to try it. I just wanted to see what other peoples experiences were :)
  • Stacy_Kerns
    Options
    yes,yes,yes. My daughter and I do this 5 times a week. It's a lot of fun and when we are done, we are sweating like *kitten* in church. I tried to get the exact calorie burn on the internet, but it ranges from 200 calories to 350 for a 20 min dance routine, so we just go by the 200 to be safe. We have the original Zumba Wii. I think they have 1 or 2 more new ones now though. Good luck! And yes, we are losing 2lbs a week, by also watching our calorie intake.

Oh, let me add one thing. I know I'm not doing it just right, cause it's hard to mimic exactly what the gal is doing, but hey, we are still shaking our booties and hips!

Zumba Fitness 2 calculates your calorie burn for you. Which is awesome! I'm all for making that an easy thing to do. For 30 min high intensity class last night I got 189.
  • lizj0nes21
    Options

Haha. Your reply made me laugh, I loved all of it. You made me more excite to try it :)
  • rngreen
    rngreen Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Zumba on the Wii since sometime in October. I started with the 20 minute workout and am now doing the 45 minute intermediate. I love it. I burn anywhere between 350 and 500 calories. I wear a heart rate monitor so that I get a more accurate number. I do not do it in front of the husband though. I told him I don't need him seeing me dancing around like a retarded chicken...
  • BettyDares
    BettyDares Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed Zumba for Wii! I still do I'm just trying to incorporate other stuff in since it can get boring/repetitive for me day after day. I think it's a good intense aerobic/cardio workout if you really put everything in to it but I tend to enter a lower time sometimes on MFP to avoid over-inflating cals burned. I'm definitely sweating by the end of the workout!

Sometimes it doesn't seem to register my moves but I care less about that - you'll get the hang of the moves eventually and the bigger picture is just to get moving and have fun!
  • misfit34
    misfit34 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Zumba on the Wii since sometime in October. I started with the 20 minute workout and am now doing the 45 minute intermediate. I love it. I burn anywhere between 350 and 500 calories. I wear a heart rate monitor so that I get a more accurate number. I do not do it in front of the husband though. I told him I don't need him seeing me dancing around like a retarded chicken...

Hahaha! you sound like me! I tell the hubby the same thing. I like Zumba on the Wii.
  • Stacy_Kerns
    Options

You just gave me an idea for an experiment! I'm going to wear my HRM and see if that jives with what the program tells me tonight. I'm really curious now.
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options

Hahaha! you sound like me! I tell the hubby the same thing. I like Zumba on the Wii.

HA!HA! Retarded chicken is what I look like, but hey, in a few months, I'll look like a sexy retarded chicken. LOL!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I did it for a while last year, and I had fun doing it. It was my first Zumba experience before I took classes. If you have wifi, you can also get on youtube through your Wii and do Zumba videos from there for something different. I actually found that I got less of a burn doing the advanced stage than I did in the stage before it. Whatever gets you moving, that's the main thing.
  • KatherineEO
    Options

Zumba Fitness 2 calculates your calorie burn for you. Which is awesome! I'm all for making that an easy thing to do. For 30 min high intensity class last night I got 189.

I wouldn't rely on the Wii to actually calculate your calories. It doesn't monitor your heart rate. I wore my Polar watch while doing Zumba today. The Wii told me I burned 575 calories but in reality I only burned 515. It's like the machines at the gym, the calorie count is just a basic count but it's not geared toward the individual. You should really get a HRM if you want to know the true calorie burn.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the Wii Zumba. I really liked creating my own routines on Zumba Core. Unfortunately, I have been wearing myself out a bit with other workouts lately and can't take the impact of Zumba.

I usually just enter it as dancing in the MPF database.
  • MandyMason7
    MandyMason7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I play a variety of the Just Dance games on my Wii every Saturday and Sunday for at least an hour. I have Just Dance 2 an Just Dance 3 and last weekend rented Just Dance 2014 from Redbox. I love the games because it doesn't feel like I'm making myself work out, I'm just having fun.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I think it's really fun. I have four of the games, but have only tried the first three so far.

The first one has some really fun routines, but the graphics are pretty subpar. The second & third games graphics are much better & the routines are pretty challenging. I haven't tried the fourth yet.

When you buy the game you get a belt to go with it & you place the remote in the pocket on your hip.