To bubble or not to bubble that is the question....

Options
OK! So I know I'm going to hear what's wrong with "bubbling" but I'm up for it cause my "pre-bubbling" was way less healthy than what I'm doing now.
Do I have your attention??
I am a huge fan of SODA- wait for it WATER!
And the sodium was not doing me any favors- so I recently bought a soda stream and take my spring water (5 gallon jugs- very echo friendly FYI) and bubble it with the CO2 from my soda stream. Whalla no sodium added and I get fizzy water anytime I want.

So let me have it- what is all this bubbly doing to me??? Messing with my something I'm sure! Come on I welcome the knowledge from above- oh mighty MFP'ers.

:noway:

Replies

• bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Huh. I don't know. Is it supposed to be bad?

I regularly drink carbonated water (La Croix), and all seems well.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I kind of thought this would a thread about paladins or Discipline Priests in World of Warcraft.

I leave disappointed.
  • Christine_120
    Options
    That's my thoughts especially with no sodium- but I've seen posts where the carbonation supposedly messes with your electrolytes??Just curious if people have major opinions on the subject. Like a little bubbly water could lead me to the hard stuff- full on sugar soda. Haha
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I do not understand the question.
  • Christine_120
    Options
    I kind of thought this would a thread about paladins or Discipline Priests in World of Warcraft.

I leave disappointed.

:laugh:
  • StarlaDesiree
    StarlaDesiree Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I think there is always the chance carbonation will make you feel a little bloated. But unless you're drinking gallons of the stuff each day, I doubt it will do any harm.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    That's my thoughts especially with no sodium- but I've seen posts where the carbonation supposedly messes with your electrolytes??Just curious if people have major opinions on the subject. Like a little bubbly water could lead me to the hard stuff- full on sugar soda. Haha

It'll only lead you to the "hard stuff" if you let it.
    Also, there's nothing wrong with regular soda if you can meet your nutritional needs and fit it into your calories for the day. :smile:
  • Christine_120
    Options

It'll only lead you to the "hard stuff" if you let it.
    Also, there's nothing wrong with regular soda if you can meet your nutritional needs and fit it into your calories for the day. :smile:

See that's more like it. I hate regular soda. The real threat is adding VODKA to it!
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    You can actually buy carbonated water with no sodium in it... I do.
  • RaluKitty
    RaluKitty Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    The fizz is actually Carbonic Acid (H2CO3). It's one of the weakest acids out there but it's still an acid, and it mostly affects the Calcium in your teeth (weakening the surface). It should not affect other tissues, because it gets decomposed into water (H2O) and CO2 - the gas that gets burped - pretty quickly. ... My dentist suggested I use a straw when I drink my fizzy stuff - because I do LOVE my fizzy water and Coke Zero...
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Carbonated water is harmless.

With the proviso that it may be a bit harder on your teeth than plain water. But that's not saying much, and it still much much better in that respect that sugary or acidic soft drinks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbonated_water#Health_effects
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    My feet are cold.

Wait, that's not related to the question?

What is the question? Something about hard stuff?

Bubbly hard stuff?

Goodnight MFP.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    OK! So I know I'm going to hear what's wrong with "bubbling" but I'm up for it cause my "pre-bubbling" was way less healthy than what I'm doing now.
    And the sodium was not doing me any favors- so I recently bought a soda stream and take my spring water (5 gallon jugs- very echo friendly FYI) and bubble it with the CO2 from my soda stream. Whalla no sodium added and I get fizzy water anytime I want.

So let me have it- what is all this bubbly doing to me??? Messing with my something I'm sure! Come on I welcome the knowledge from above- oh mighty MFP'ers.

I think you might want to take a chill pill along with your soda water, mmmkay?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQce9OcQlQ8dtDjE2IJ9hjWAZKb0VEeXHmCDzCZqu4Suq7LVLJc4g
  • Christine_120
    Options

I think you might want to take a chill pill along with your soda water, mmmkay?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQce9OcQlQ8dtDjE2IJ9hjWAZKb0VEeXHmCDzCZqu4Suq7LVLJc4g

I'll consider that- is there vodka in it?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

I have an extremely fit friend who drinks bubbly soda water all the time. She is fit as a fiddle.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Regular (non-bubbly) water gives me MAJOR heartburn. I love the bubbly and drink 2-4 liters of it every day! I have a soda sparkle (different version of the soda stream) and it's one of my most used kitchen gadgets. (I am known as the gadget queen; if you have any questions about ANY kitchen gadget, I probably own it! :wink:)
  • SouthernMommy11
    Options
    We bought a soda stream for the same reason :laugh:
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I had to give it up! The acid was too much, or the burping one, but my spasmy tummy couldn't take it all day. I have some stomach issues (from meds I take), so it's not like it's a common thing, but it actually is something I had to give up. Water! ;)