What do I need to do to get abs

Options
Ok I got the workout covered. I want some flat abs but what do I need to do in my nutrition? I know everyone saws Abs are made in the kitchen. So what do I need to eat and not eat to get abs.

I know soda and junk/sweet food are a no-no.

Replies

• ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    The reason that they say abs are made in the kitchen is because you need a calorie deficit to lose the fat that hides the abdominal muscles and doesn't let them show through.

Technically you can eat whatever you want as long as you are in a calorie deficit. Maybe watch out for bloating with some foods.
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    You need to lower BF%, for many women it's not really possiblein a healthy way to get that low without health problems (you often need to drop to 15% or so to see it).
    Try to make your goal to be strong, do strength training, it helps with posture.
  • kenziebeeee
    Options
    Really, there's so magic food you can eat or type of food that will give you abs. It's all about body fat percentage; meaning you must have a very low body fat percentage to achieve the look of a 6 pack of abs. If you want a flat stomach, keep your workout routine going and just don't eat things that you know will make you bloat.

I sometimes notice after I eat certain foods or meals that my stomach feels softer than days when I eat super lean and healthy. But then again, this is me and doesn't apply to everyone. I don't carry a lot of fat around my midsection as its mostly in my lower body, so people with more stomach fat to lose are going to have to simply eat healthy and exercise for a longer period before they see this happen.

My best advice is to just be patient, continue doing your workouts (planks do wonders if you don't do them already!) and eat healthy goods in general. Good luck!
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Minimize water retention so that you can see your abs form right before your eyes, and eat enough protein so that your muscles will be encouraged to grow.
  • JoHannahDenning11
    JoHannahDenning11 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I've been doing 3 days a week of Strength training and 2 days of cardio and one day of yoga. I know I'm going to have to be patient. Its just so hard to do sometimes. Thanks for the advice again and I'll definitely use it. ;)