Sometimes the hot guy DOES choose the big girl!

Options
2»

Replies

• Billy323
    Billy323 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Great story on so many levels.
  • MissyMissy18
    MissyMissy18 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    wow. wow.

you are awesome.

your boyfriend is awesome.

your story is awesome.

thanks so much for sharing!
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    OMG I love this. You said so many really important things.

Like this:

how could I be ok with him finding my slim body hot, but my fat body..NOT I quickly threw those thoughts away because he HAS been with my fat body, and hes loved me, and supported my no matter what.. There was no reason to think Id somehow be "better" in his eyes..

And this:

And hes proud of me, because I DIDNT make this about him.. I made it about ME feeling better, and being healthy!

You're awesome :flowerforyou:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    this was a beautiful story. I'm happy that you made the decision to do this for yourself and happier that he is supportive and now checking you out.
  • ripzone13
    ripzone13 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    OMG- I'm messaging you. I think I just read this because I was supposed to...
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    That is my story too...I met him and he is so sweet, kind, patient, good looking, hot and 10 years younger...:drinker:

I got my biggest a year after we were married but he didn't care...

Now that I am the smallest I've been since my son was born (almost 20 years ago) he is still with me, telling me I am sexy and slapping my new firm butt...

Men like that are rare...I've raised one thank goodness...you know those one who love a woman for her mind, heart and confidence not what is considered "bigger"

Oh my ticker is our wedding day...with my son...
  • Str0ng_Heart
    Options
    That is my story too...I met him and he is so sweet, kind, patient, good looking, hot and 10 years younger...:drinker:

I got my biggest a year after we were married but he didn't care...

Now that I am the smallest I've been since my son was born (almost 20 years ago) he is still with me, telling me I am sexy and slapping my new firm butt...

Men like that are rare...I've raised one thank goodness...you know those one who love a woman for her mind, heart and confidence not what is considered "bigger"

Oh my ticker is our wedding day...with my son...

That is awesome! I love that some of us humans can still use our hearts to guide us! :-)) <3
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    beautiful story but its incomplete without a pic of you two:grumble:

This
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Now this is good reading...glad you are finding peace within yourself and a good boyfriend.
  • Sweatinglikeapigtolooklikeafox
    Options
    Totally in the same situation :)
  • tulip_in_a_cup
    tulip_in_a_cup Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    good for you girl :) sounds like you deserve it!
  • crystalcrosstx
    crystalcrosstx Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! Congratulations! (:
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    My wife said lose the weight or she will cheat on me. Can't argue with that I suppose, so I'm here.
  • shellfly
    shellfly Posts: 186
    Options
    This might be the best post I've ever read on this site. Wonderful, uplifting story and very well written too! Thank you for sharing it with us; I'm sure you'll inspire many people.
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    This post made me smile soo big. I love this story soo much. He is a keeper. I love the thought of your two together.
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    This is the cutest thing ever. (: It gives me massive hope for the rest of the male population as well. :heart:
  • cuppycat
    cuppycat Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful story. I wish you both all the happiness you deserve. Good job on the weight loss, and doing it for YOU!

I thought I fell in love once. He made me feel like I was number one. He would do anything and everything for me. We talked for hours all the time.... Then he took me to Vegas for a week once, and spared no expense on the things. He preplanned the trip... Front row seats to Celine Dion, front row seats to Circ'd Soli (however you spell it). A master suite at a top hotel, some of the best fine dining.. the works. We came back home and he was acting distant. He told me things were OK, then I started feeling embarrassed and unconformable around him because I could feel him "changing". First I thought, it's just me, he's prob fine. Then he stopped calling as often, kept the conversations shorter, the intimacy was unemotional on his part, which made me feel even worse about myself. The first Valentines Day that came, I never heard from him at all. He avoided my calls for like 4 days. Then called finally to tell me, "hey sorry I haven't called.... but I can't get past your weight issue, and I just need end things and move on". So... needless to say, I was devastated!!! All the insecurities I had and the things I said to myself were told to me by the 1st person I ever actually fell in love with in my life. I'm 53 and have had my share of relationships, but this was the one!, or so I thought.

Things got very dark for me for several years. I got up to an all time high of 390 lbs. In August of 2013, I decided I was done feeding my body so much junk, just waiting for it to die, that I began my LAST weight loss journey. I am working every day on living healthy and telling myself I am worth it and deserve to be happy... with myself first and foremost.

A story as beautiful as yours, gives me hope that one day I may actually find a guy that is deserving of me, should I choose to let anyone get that close again. It's a long hard thing to overcome. Not sure the fear of rejection ever goes away for someone who has battled obesity for most of their life. Even after you get to a healthy weight. But!!! I plan on being around a long time to find out :)

Thank you again for sharing your beautiful story:flowerforyou:
  • feelin_gr_8
    feelin_gr_8 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I briefly dated a beanpole once and he brought up my weight pretty early in the relationship...it hurt so bad! And I wanted to change myself for him. Funny thing is, when it ended, he dated a couple of different girls that I ended up getting to be close friends with. They are both large too. He goes for large women and then makes them feel like nothing. Funny thing, it's years down the road and he's still lonely and single. All 3 of us girls are happily married (the other 2 married beanpoles, mine's pretty average in weight). I spent all of my adult life overweight (to be honest, obese), and knowing that I didn't get the dates like the other girls because of my weight. My desperation told me to lose weight so I could be loved. My bitterness told me they wouldn't be worth it if they didn't love me how I was.

Eventually my husband came along. He's 5 years younger and I'm 50 pounds heavier than him now (with my 39 lbs lost). He never once said anything about my weight (or age for that matter). Anytime I brought up my weight he would just say he would support me and wants me to be healthy and happy. He has been my best supporter and I wouldn't be successfully on this journey without him. I never have to wonder if he'll lose interest in me for keeping on a few pounds after having kids.

I'm sure it hurt to hear him say that your weight bugged him, but honesty is huge as well, even when it hurts. Now...as for checking out other women, I wouldn't be able to stand that...

I'm happy you've found a guy that is supporting you, and that, like me-you're finally doing it for YOU! All you others out there that have lost hope-I promise they're out there!
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Lovely Story, just fantastic--- friends first, perfect. ???? ???? ????