Exercises that I can do at home

Options
Hello guys! I believe that I can't go to the gym every day, so I am thinking of exercising at home. I started riding a stationary bike for 20 minutes a day. But I think, it is not enough. Can you recommend some exercises that I can do at home without the aid of an equipment? For example, sit ups, and push ups.

Replies

• tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Take a look at www.nerdfitness.com

Hopefully you may see a something that will suit.

Good luck
  • Imanido
    Imanido Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Also google dr.Sara Solomon, she has plenty of videos in youtube.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Check on youtube. There are tons for free.
  • Worthy2bFIT
    Worthy2bFIT Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    jillian 30 day shred, hip hop abs, exercise videos.. make your own circuit training like

10 push ups
    10 jumping jacks
    10 sit ups
    10 squat jumps
    10 lunges
    x3 ...

get creative with exercise .. you can exercise pretty much every where you want. i exercise at work, the gym and home.. and outside..
  • rayfu75
    rayfu75 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    A few of my favorites when I'm out of town or can't get to the gym.

For time
    100 push ups
    100 sit ups
    100 air squats

20 min AMRAP
    5 push ups
    10 sit ups
    15 air squats
  • jnheg
    jnheg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    www.bodbot.com, it gives you a workout and you can select what equipment you have - for me, that's none!
  • steve0820
    steve0820 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I second nerd fitness. They have routines already made, also the forums have tons of info.

There is many ways to go about bodyweight training, so many options with circuit training, HIIT, Tabata, AMRAP. You can do full body, or split if into, lower body one day, upper body next. Every exercises can be modified and increased difficulty if needed, with extra resistance, isometrics, the possibilities are endless.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Here's an 8-minute workout devised as a resistance accompaniment to HIIT cardio training. I do it every day I can't get a full workout in with the countdown timer on my phone:

As many as you can do in/hold for 30 seconds with 10 seconds between each:
    Jumping jacks
    Press-ups
    Wall-sit
    Abdominal crunches
    Step-ups on a step or chair
    Squats
    Triceps dips
    Plank
    High-knee running
    Lunges
    Press-up with rotation
    Side plank

Optional

Planks with leg raise
    Side plank with reach-around
    Reverse curl
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Is the bike all you are doing at the gym? If so, is it worth it going there just for that when you could get a bike at home for the price of a few months membership?
  • ironclaw79
    ironclaw79 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Is the bike all you are doing at the gym? If so, is it worth it going there just for that when you could get a bike at home for the price of a few months membership?

I have a bike at home and it is the one I am using
  • allysteven880
    Options
    doing exercise is one of the best target to control your health. it is the creative work that you do always. so if you do at home that will be very fruitful for your weight loss. i am also doing some squats and yoga. in some days i saw a major effects in my body.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I swear by my exercise DVDs - Rosemary Conley and Davina McCall, plus Wii Zumba for a big burn in a short time. Both the first two have weight options (you can use water bottles).
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Another vote for nerdfitness.com! I started with the beginner body weight circuit and have modified it over time based on my needs and added some weights as it became too easy, but for the most part it's the only workout I do and I love it.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender.com!!! It's really cool; you can search for workouts based on length, level of difficulty, equipment needed, style, etc.--and there's a nice variety. They're no frills and all exercises are simple to perform, though you do get a challenge! Many of the workouts are under 10 minutes.