5 foods to NEVER eat

Options
I've tried to click on the rotting banana on the side of the page where my food diary is which says 5 foods to never eat. But I cannot get this link to work. Does anyone know what the 5 things are? Please help!

Replies

• Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Don't click that, it is an advertisment, could have a virus even. Just avoid fried foods, sugary foods/drinks, and try to choose veggies, fruit, lean protein as much as possible :)
  • zoeluiisa
    Options
    I've no idea, but I always think those adverts are well dodgy. See a lot of them here on MFP - stuff like "Click here to find out five magic tricks for a flatter stomach!!" No thanks.
  • RebeccaM3874
    Options
    Thanks! I really appreicate the feedback. I was just wondering if it was actually something that I didn't already know about some foods. :happy:
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Wait. There's ads on MFP?

Oh, right. I have an Ad Block on my browser.

Get one.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I never really understood why bananas were on the list of foods not to eat. They are super nutritious! With a little food planning, you can fit a banana in your daily eating with no troubles at all :)

Edit: Also, I eat bananas almost every single day and I'm still losing weight.
  • skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options
    I eat bananas every day too. I love fruit. It tastes good and is good for you!
  • Fenomka
    Fenomka Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    According to my nutritionist, it's not necessarily bananas in general, but more specifically, brown bananas, or basically anything after they're JUST ripe (read still quite a bit green) because the more brown your banana has, the more it's turned to sugar, and the harder time your body will have, finding the good stuff in it, without a heavy dose of the bad stuff to go along.

As far as 5 foods not to eat, I think Mdin said it best - just try to stay away from sugary/fatty foods, grease/oils, and the deceiving foods - fruits/juices with TOO MUCH sugar or acid in them, like orange juice, pineapples in large quantity, "all beef" hot dogs (pretty much anything that's been processed that much is probably bad for you) and so called "dieter's frozen lunches" like smart ones and lean cuisine - these things can be FULL of preservatives, and heavy on the salt, which can cause water retention. Instead, invest in something like a foodsaver, or a home dehydrator, and start making your own snacks and frozen meals - make extra when you cook at home, portion it out in serving sizes on a paper plate, "suck and seal" it with your foodsaver, and freeze for a great meal later without all the work!

You're on the right track, so keep it up! :)
  • ElipticalReality
    Options
    great advice. Thank you!
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    j5a7af.jpg
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Anything with Grain
    Anything with Trans Fats
    Anything with too much refine sugar

Broad Beans (no particular reason - I just don't see the attraction)
    Pringles - cos once you pop you can't stop
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Anything with Grain
    Anything with Trans Fats
    Anything with too much refine sugar

Broad Beans (no particular reason - I just don't see the attraction)
    Pringles - cos once you pop you can't stop
    Pringles should be brought up on charges of impersonation, trying to be a potato chip is hilarious and somewhere down deep, kinda Frankensteinish..
  • tennisdude2004
    Options
    :smile: :laugh:
  • tennisdude2004
    Options
    I've tried to click on the rotting banana on the side of the page where my food diary is which says 5 foods to never eat. But I cannot get this link to work. Does anyone know what the 5 things are? Please help!

There great adverts!

5 foods you mustn't eat - but here's 10 supplements you can't live without, for just $99.99 we will rush you these life saving pills.