Bullet Proof Coffee help and advice needed!

2»

Replies

• 123Pari
    123Pari Posts: 16 Member
    I wouldn't, if i ate high-carb
    There will be exceptions of course....a lot of exercise is one.
    If you use MCT oil for the BP coffee, your body will still think its in a fasted state and will not raise insulin, this is why it keeps you full for so long. If you eat it with carbs then you will have the insulin spike, and you body is more prone to storing the calories as fat, rather then using the fat in the oil as fuels (if that makes sense!)
  • 123Pari
    One of my questions is that this seems to be a drink where most of the benefit is IF you eat LCHF diet. Whereas if you don't, there may not be a benefit, or as much of a benefit?

I wouldn't, if i ate high-carb
    There will be exceptions of course....a lot of exercise is one.
    If you use MCT oil for the BP coffee, your body will still think its in a fasted state and will not raise insulin, this is why it keeps you full for so long. If you eat it with carbs then you will have the insulin spike, and you body is more prone to storing the calories as fat, rather then using the fat in the oil as fuels (if that makes sense!)
  • 123Pari
    400 calories is hardly a lot for breakfast (100 calories per tablespoon of fat-average) Especially when it keeps you full for hours...unlike a bowl of crappy wheat filled cereal/ bagel/low fat option....that will spike you blood sugar and make you hungry again in 90 mins.

Not to mention how uniquely beneficial MCTs are

If anything is a 'scam' its the 'healthy' whole grains...

THIS. I LOVE my bullet-proof coffee and my breakfasts are 800-900 calories, depending on what I eat. I also eat low carb and high fat.

:wink:

Dont understand when people started to think that a 400 calorie breakfast was a lot????!!!! my breakfast is often half my calories for the day. Either that or i do a fast until lunch, either way, when i eat, i EAT!!!!!
  • Gaz3376
    Gaz3376 Posts: 17 Member
    I have Black coffee, with 5g Grassfed Butter and 5g Coconut oil, the trick here is to blend it so the fat emulsifies with the coffee and creates a cappucino effect. Delicious.
  • ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    I have never been a breakfast eater. I do a PB coffee with 1 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp coconut oil. I also add a couple of scoops of whey powder to it and blend it well. It keeps me full till lunch time. Comes out to about 600 calories.
  • I tried it tastes alright. But can't help think us humans are not meant to be consuming only oil. Its not like we are robots. I much rather have a balanced breakfast of eggs cooke in a small amount of butter/coconut oil with some salad or veggies.
  • The history of food is fascinating to me.

This one smacks of a very, very poor drink to get one through a no food drought. By poor, I don't mean bad, I mean, used by poor people to help their hunger.

It's funny how modern yuppies latch onto it. It's probably a survival drunk, not really meant to be nutritious or meant to replace food. It's used because there is no food. Lol

But, carry on. Just musing about that.

It kind of reminds me of those homemade baby formula recipes that people used to make for babies when they couldn't afford formula and couldn't breastfeed either. It's like molasses and corn syrup and oil and some other "around the house" ingredients you throw in a bottle with warm water. Totally not the best option for a baby but if it's all you have and baby won't starve well....

That being said, to each their own. I personally can't fathom the idea of oil in my coffee but I am not fond of gloopy or thick textured drinks either. I don't even like milkshakes.
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    I am getting ready to try it- I already keep coconut oil in the house at all times, but now I need to buy or make some ghee. What I heard about it that intrigued me was that if you drink it for breakfast, you can go until like mid afternoon until you feel hungry again. Give me some of that!
  • PolacaFL
    PolacaFL Posts: 213 Member
    "Do you suffer from insanity?"
    "No! I enjoy it immensely!!!"

Happy days everyone! :flowerforyou:

hehehe! I like your attitude :)
  • the_texreb
    the_texreb Posts: 138 Member
    Who the F* is defiling the deliciousness of coffee with freaking OIL!???!

This.

Just get some Death Wish Coffee and call it good.