fitbit activity and hitting macros

Options
Hi guys,

I use fitbit to sync my workouts and activity. Mfp increases calories based on all macros, when eating back calories, do you try to follow mfp macros increase, or do you increase carbs only instead of protein and fat. I try to base it on all macros when I increasing. I am following 50 carb 20 fat and 30 protein.

Replies

• tegalicious
    Options
    I used the equations that SideSteel and Sara have in their Eat, Train, Progress group to figure out my minimum gram amounts for fat and protein. Once I hit my minimum gram amounts for fat and protein I don't worry about eating more if I don't want to after the fitbit adjustment changes the amount. I am on my phone so I can't link the post that has the equations on it but I think if you search for "setting your calorie and macro" it should come up for you.

Eta: so basically I preplan my day based on my minimums and once those are met, I eat whatever I want.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I use MFP's protein goal as a minimum and ignore fat & carbs.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I used the equations that SideSteel and Sara have in their Eat, Train, Progress group to figure out my minimum gram amounts for fat and protein. Once I hit my minimum gram amounts for fat and protein I don't worry about eating more if I don't want to after the fitbit adjustment changes the amount. I am on my phone so I can't link the post that has the equations on it but I think if you search for "setting your calorie and macro" it should come up for you.

Eta: so basically I preplan my day based on my minimums and once those are met, I eat whatever I want.

I do the same. I try and eat at least 120 g protein on week days (weekends I am not so strict) , my fats tend to be easily reached, then the rest is what I fancy. Even though the numbers change, I still keep the 120g in my mind when looking at them.