Oh God, someone brought donuts to work, HELP!!!

Options
They're the good kind from Tim Horton's, too! Tell me why I don't want one, PLEASE!!! :sad:

Replies

• joeykrax
    joeykrax Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    They're the good kind from Tim Horton's, too! Tell me why I don't want one, PLEASE!!! :sad:

You do want one - but you're resisting!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Either eat a donut, or don't eat a donut.

Just because they're in front of you, the choice is still ultimately yours whether you put it in your mouth. If you choose to eat it, log it and make your choices for the rest of the day in accordance with meeting your goals.

You can eat a donut once in a while if you want.
  • nenshali
    nenshali Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    You don't need them to feel good about yourself! There are loooaaads of other, healthier options you can enjoy. try to keep yourself as busy as possible! :)
  • wendyg311
    wendyg311 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    My Husband always tells me --" You already know what it tastes like"

If that doesn't work, go take a bite of each one and leave them, and maybe they won't bring them anymore....just kiddin'
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with donuts? I had one this morning.
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    Just ignore them. You will be proud of yourself later. Go get you some coffee or something...no sugar though!
  • GBPackerFan14
    GBPackerFan14 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Here I'll pour you a glass of milk... is that helping?
  • train_01
    train_01 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Have half. That's ususally what I do when people bring in treats. At least then you can go to the gym later and work it off :)
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Either eat a donut, or don't eat a donut.

Just because they're in front of you, the choice is still ultimately yours whether you put it in your mouth. If you choose to eat it, log it and make your choices for the rest of the day in accordance with meeting your goals.

You can eat a donut once in a while if you want.

QFT
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Its one of those things, is it really worth it? If it is then just work off the calories to make up for it.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Eat a donut.
  • janeytom
    janeytom Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    To use your own words:

Why I want to get in shape

Less inner thigh rub when wearing a dress.
    Less foot pain when walking around on vacation.
    More energy to do the things I love.
    To fit comfortably in my clothes.
    To prove to myself that I can do it.

You CAN do it. Walk away from the donuts.
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    If you find having one to be really problematic today, remember there will always be another day you can enjoy Tim Hortons.
  • Expect_The_Worst
    Options

I wish i could just eat one donut.

Agyer67.gif
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Just ignore them. You will be proud of yourself later. Go get you some coffee or something...no sugar though!

Whaaat?!?! What's wrong with sugar, again?

OP, yesterday, fresh donuts were brought to the office. I ate 1/4 of one and left the rest. I also had sugar (1/2 tsp. per cup) in both cups of coffee. You know what, I was STILL 240 under my calorie budget...AND I managed to exceed my protein goal (it's a good thing!), while doing well on the rest of my macros.

The ONLY reason to not eat a bite of a donut, is if you think you can't stop there. And, honestly, if you're going to take orders from a donut, you need to get to the root cause of it.

Eat a damn bite of it.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options

I wish i could just eat one donut.

Agyer67.gif

lmao!!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    If you can stop at one... Have one. If you can't... don't. If you can fit 2 or 3 in your calories though, by all means, enjoy, lol.
  • Last time I ate donuts or cake someone brought into work, I felt sick afterwards because I wasn't to it. Not worth it. :smile:
  • shoegirl10
    shoegirl10 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can have one, as long as you work it into your calories and exercise. Don't feel bad about it. You are doing great!
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Its food. Its inanimate. Stop giving it power. Eat it, log it, work it in, or don't eat it and forget it, but make it your choice.