What's your workout plan? I need advice.

Options
I'm wanting lean muscle and less flab around my midsection for summer. Do I have to reduce carbs dramatically to make this happen? Any advice on what I should be eating? My macros are usually 45% carb, 30% Fat, and 25% protein. I find it difficult to get high protein now that I can't have greek yogurt due to an allergy to it. I do cardio 2-3 times a week and strength 2-3 times a week usually, but some weeks are better than others. Should I just be more dedicated to a consistent routine?

Any advice? I feel like I know what to do, I just need motivation and support.

My diary is open if you want to look. I have a problem with always wanting chocolate too, but I choose dark! haha :)

Replies

• tinabell153
    tinabell153 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I guess I should have picked a better title for this post!
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Set your macros so that your proteins are around .8g per lb of lean body mass, your fat is around .5g per lb of lean body mass, and fill the rest with carbs. As long as you maintain your deficit, the most important macro is protein (for sparing lean mass in a deficit). Focus on the strength training, aiming for a higher weight/lower rep approach to create maximum stimulus for muscle preservation.

Find other sources for your protein. Are you vegetarian?