Have you had results with leslie sansone dvds?

Options

Replies

• sue_stef
    sue_stef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I use her videos along with with walking outside and few other things and I love it I currently do the 3 mile walk and will have to increase that soon because it is ..well not easy but easier than before during some of her moves I jog in place instead of walk to increase it a little bit
  • moniew24
    moniew24 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have been using her dvd's and I will check these out as well.
  • Jade0529
    Jade0529 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I recently started with the 1 mile walk. It really hurts my hips, but I have joint issues so I don't know if it is that or what. I like it though, after. During I am cursing at the tv!
  • Armagan123
    Armagan123 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I recently started with the 1 mile walk. It really hurts my hips, but I have joint issues so I don't know if it is that or what. I like it though, after. During I am cursing at the tv!

Re: hip pain

Could it be side steps that hurt your hips? There are so many Leslie DVDs it's hard to know which workout your are referring to........but her Walk Slim 5 Really Big Miles has waaaay too many side steps for me....I got rid of it. The pain for me was at the hip flexor.

Stretching.....look into hip stretches......Leslie offers a tiny bit of stretching after her cool downs.....but many people need more stretching. I always stretch my hips & hamstrings a little bit more.

Another option......other walking workouts...the moves may be different

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jessica+smith+walking&sm=1

Stott Pilates has walking DVDs - Prevention has walking DVDs - and George Foreman (!) has walking DVDs. Actually the George Foreman's are kind of fun....lead by Petra Kolber.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

Could it be side steps that hurt your hips? There are so many Leslie DVDs it's hard to know which workout your are referring to........but her Walk Slim 5 Really Big Miles has waaaay too many side steps for me....I got rid of it. The pain for me was at the hip flexor.

Stretching.....look into hip stretches......Leslie offers a tiny bit of stretching after her cool downs.....but many people need more stretching. I always stretch my hips & hamstrings a little bit more.

Stott Pilates has walking DVDs - Prevention has walking DVDs - and George Foreman (!) has walking DVDs. Actually the George Foreman's are kind of fun....lead by Petra Kolber.

Or you could just walk through Leslie's entire thing without the added steps and see if there is pain with just that, and add steps back in to determine which ones are the problem, and just don't do those.
  • apacheman58
    apacheman58 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've done better on my own. It's just walking with a couple of tweeks thrown in for God's sake. Just get up and start walking. Everybody can do it that has the will without the help of anybodies DVD.
  • PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Oddly, I don't find her voice irritating. She's upbeat, but not super cheery. I appreciate that she hasn't lied to me about how many more reps she wants me to do. When she asks for 8 more, she doesn't talk for 2 minutes and then count out the 8.

I did the full 5 Day Slim Down yesterday and I felt really worked up. I would buy more of her dvds if I can find them.
    ^^^THIS^^^ I don't mind her voice at all either. I find her motivating.. I too am older. I have been walking with Leslie for about 4 yrs or so now. Even tho I was on maintenance I needed firming and I get it with her walks using the stretchy bands, walk belt and hand weights. It doesn't seem to take long to start to see tightening, but being older, the loose skin comes back fast if I don't stick with it. I try to walk with Leslie about 3 or more times a week on the average.
    I buy her dvd's online thru Wal~Mart. In-store I find they have very few if any.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I've done better on my own. It's just walking with a couple of tweeks thrown in for God's sake. Just get up and start walking. Everybody can do it that has the will without the help of anybodies DVD.

Well, yes, if you are motivated enough to do it. I can't just go outside and walk because I don't push myself hard enough. The act of getting my water, putting on the DVD, and keeping that pace makes me work hard at it. Otherwise I would just go for a stroll and stop to smell the flowers.
  • Cracken99
    Cracken99 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just started the "Walk it off in 30 days" the 4 days cardio/3 days toning with weights. What I like is that it is a temp based workout, its not just walking it is very fast walking and she brings your heartrate up fast and keeps it there. You just move to the tempo of the music. I am just starting a workout routine and I cant afford a Gym. ALOT of ladies at my work only use workout videos and running, no gym. This month I am doing no hand weight on the walking part (Leslie is wearing hand weights) and 2.5 lb dumbells for the toning. Next month i am going to bump it up to hand weights on the walks and heavier dumbells for the toning. Tempo based exercise is very important to me, I know I need to get my heart rate up, for me, a leisurley 30 min walk around my neighborhood is not going to shed the pounds. I have also used my own music and just followed her feet. I love them! My body is really feeling it, the squats are killing my legs! But it feels so good.

When I started the videos I only did 14 min, then the next time 16 min and bumped it up 2 min each time I did it till I am finally at the full 30 min.
  • PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I may have to try it..I am a beginner when it comes to exercise so which one of her DVD's would you advise me to start with?
    [/quote
    A friend sent me a newsletter called RealAge.com and after doing a search there I found that she is a sponsor and has two actual shorter length workouts there, not just clips. I started with Walk 1 for a couple of weeks, then did Walk 2. When it became too easy I bought my first full-length workout. Very few stores carry much anymore in the way of workout DVD's except Jillian's, so I order online from Wal~Mart. The price is reasonable. Good luck to you! I hope you love these as much as I and so many of the other posters here do.
  • Cracken99
    Cracken99 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I purchased my DVDs from Amazon. Best buy had a few also. $7.99 I think.
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    omg yes!!!!!! i started doing the 3 mile on sunday (today being wednesday) and ive already lost 1kg

i LOVE her! i sweat like crazy, but still keep coming back to her first thing when i wake up.

I dont know why i love her, but i just do =)
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I use them rarely now, but when I first started workouts 3 years ago, I used them exclusively. Possibly because I think Brittney is hot, but I needed all the motivation I could muster. Now, I don't so much, but my wife still does. Bottom line is that the DVDs themselves will not give you results if you sit your *kitten* on the couch to watch while eating ice cream and pickles.
  • Jade0529
    Jade0529 Posts: 213 Member
    Options

Or you could just walk through Leslie's entire thing without the added steps and see if there is pain with just that, and add steps back in to determine which ones are the problem, and just don't do those.

Thank you both! I think it is the side steps. It is this video I am doing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykPr0t2KutY
  • LRoslin
    LRoslin Posts: 128
    Options

How supportive of you. I have four children, all of whom I homeschool, and I can't often find time to leave the house for 45 minutes and get a good sweat up walking around the neighborhood. Using a DVD, I can get my heart rate up and get a good workout during my youngest child's nap. Because Leslie has you work your arms and use weights, as well, I'm seeing better muscle definition in my arms now than I would with "just walking."

And during the Polar Vortex here, I'd like to have seen you walking outside in -20 degree weather. I'll take my indoor workout with its "tweeks" (tweaks, btw), and you can keep your superior attitude to yourself.
  • laurarich2014
    laurarich2014 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I agree completely. I thought the whole idea of the forum is to be supportive to each other. Most people like having the DVDs to help them be accountable to themselves. I sweat more with the DVDs than I do my treadmill on most days plus you are doing much more than just walking. The one I have now is toning too with weights which really helps.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I do them in between my crossfit and HIIT days. I love them. She is upbeat and fun without being too annoying!! I sweat and my heart rate is up. It is hard to walk out in the snow and ice, so this has made me get extra exercise in on days I would have probably just said, "screw it I will take a rest day!!" I do still take them, but I try to put these in place of extra rest days :)
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    i agree about the weather.... when its pitch black outside (and its only 3pm in the afternoon) wind howling, snow, minus 20 your not gonna want to walk outside...not even to buy milk if you ran out.

Leslie is such a cool option without leaving your home.
  • JayMri
    JayMri Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I just started using her DVD's and I enjoy them! With the pace, weights and added moves my heart rate is much more elevated then walking outside. I think they are a great cardio and toning workout. I don't mind her voice but have recently been playing them on the laptop and watching TV while I do them, the miles fly by!

I live in town so have to stop at every intersection - not very conducive to a good burn when walking. And I do also walk outside every day, unless it is snowing, icing or below zero. Which had been the last three months here :(
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!