Not new, but I'm getting back into things.

Options
I could use some motivation, some support as well as accountability. I am 35 years old (no kids) I have a fiancé. I work part time at a book store, love music (mostly jam-bands) And unfortunately I love delivery... I think I have a sugar addiction as well as the rest of my days worth of food being.. abnormal. I'd like to lose weight, but I'd rather learn to eat 3 small meals a day as right now I only eat one meal at night and a huge amount of candy. I know the candy is probably my body reaching out for more, but it's frustrating. I've not lost ANYTHING by doing this and that is unacceptable. I need to find some support because I am on the verge of saying F* it and not eating at all, which I know is bad. :grumble:

please help!

EDIT: Just wanted to say my pictures are old. My ticker is where I want to be within a few months.

Replies

• Driagnor
    Driagnor Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • emileesgram
    emileesgram Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    go to your local library or online and research nutrition. You might benefit from having three well balanced meals a day and a small treat in between until you can pare down the sugar addiction. Try substituting fruit for processed sugar. Eat a good fat, protein and a good carb at every meal. Stay with a calorie limit as best you can. Increase your exercise, you should see the scale start to move. But not eating obviously is not the answer. You can learn so much from other members here. Good luck. Add me if you like!
  • peacewithin
    Options
    I actually know allot about nutrition. I had an eating disorder for a long time and saw a nutritionist sometimes 2X a week. I was able to mostly recover but I know I need to work on what I am eating - it's not just calories, I need to focus on getting in the right foods. I have tried going the fruit route. I will try to get back to what I know is healthy - as you said, good fat, protein, and good carbs. Yikes, I won't say how much I ate yesterday in calories, but I don't understand why I'm not losing. I go to the gym 3 times a week, I work on my feet 3 times a week, and give myself 1 rest day.