How much do you share with a SO?

Options

Replies

• wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    Eh. I don't know if I know everything about my wife. I don't make it a point to know EVERYTHING. But if I trust that she isn't actively keeping things from me (or I from her). So while there are things we don't know, I wouldn't call them secrets...just things that haven't come up yet.
  • Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    We've both had unhealthy relationships in the past. While we haven't talked about all aspects of previous relationships, there has been a fair amount of talk about the past. It's helped us to understand how we act now. Snooping though? No. I go in the medicine cabinet for my toothbrush and maybe digging for bandaids, but no snooping for the sake of snooping.
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    everything, but then my husband and I were still pretty young when we got together and hadnt dated too many ppl between the two of us. Not to mention that we had known each other for two years before we started dating and had known each other while in other relationships. No biggie. I'm not to concerned abt peoples pasts its none of my business unless you want to tell me.
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Get the following:
    1240785-782862-group-of-friends-enjoying-barbeque-on-beach-together.jpg
    +
    ive-never-game.jpg
    +
    aalborg-jule-akvavit-denmark-10334281.jpg
    And let the truth set you free!
  • mrsjones2point0
    mrsjones2point0 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I don't care about his past, I'm his future. He doesn't want to know about my past due to his own insecurity issues (at least he recognizes he has them), lol. We're all good and share when it is necessary or wanted, or as the situation arises.
  • IPAkiller
    Options
    We're pretty open. I always know where he's at and what he's up to. Who he's playing Words With Friends with, and how often he calls his mother. I happen to have a GPS tracker on my BF's car and his cell is bugged. I also keep a picnic basket outside my BF's bedroom window in case I get hungry. You should really consider it. It's a huge lifesaver for those long nights.
    Someone please halp me...
    42-18350115.jpg
  • tropicaltiger
    Options
    He is my husband now-but when he was my bf-it didn't bother me to know about his past-I also started dating him when I was young-but I am not insecure person-and I don't want to play detective-we talked over the years but it truly was not of my business before me-we truly have no secrets but he told me on his own-I call it trusting someone-it truly depends I guess on how confortable you both are-:smile:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    We're pretty open. I always know where he's at and what he's up to. Who he's playing Words With Friends with, and how often he calls his mother. I happen to have a GPS tracker on my BF's car and his cell is bugged. I also keep a picnic basket outside my BF's bedroom window in case I get hungry. You should really consider it. It's a huge lifesaver for those long nights.
    Someone please halp me...
    42-18350115.jpg
    crazy-eyes1.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR94zK8CJPGn6nr1yZR6LzDjy2KlpchcuU69up6jwHj4P7M5A5j
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Depends...if you are going to marry this guy, you DO need to know pretty much everything before you get married; just to make sure there isn't something that might become an issue later.

I think it's a little weird that someone would snoop in a medicine cabinet though. Waiting for someone to disclose information is better than prying and interrogating. I'm pretty sure men don't appreciate snooping and spying.

I've been with my husband for 14 years (lived together 12, married 10). He can't even get away with going out to lunch during the workday without me finding out. That's just pretty much how it is when you are married.
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    This is a picture of my wife holding the birthday present she got me last year. I tell her everything.

f2cceca6-3547-444e-90b1-7e8bc1c212fa_zps0bb7b037.jpg
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I was with my ex for 20 years. We shared EVERYTHING. Once passwords started getting changed, phone calls started getting taken outside, that sort of thing, I kind of knew there was an issue.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! I don't have anything I'd want to keep from him, if he asked or it comes up I would be willing to share. And I'm sure he's the same way. I am definitely not a snooper and I know I wouldn't like someone snooping on me either.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Get the following:
    1240785-782862-group-of-friends-enjoying-barbeque-on-beach-together.jpg
    +
    ive-never-game.jpg
    +
    aalborg-jule-akvavit-denmark-10334281.jpg
    And let the truth set you free!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    I don't have anything I'd want to keep from him
    if he asked or it comes up I would be willing to share
    I'm sure he's the same way
    I am definitely not a snooper
    I wouldn't like someone snooping on me either

+1 +1
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I was with my ex for 20 years. We shared EVERYTHING. Once passwords started getting changed, phone calls started getting taken outside, that sort of thing, I kind of knew there was an issue.

I'm assuming you broke up with your ex recently...so that means you guys have been together since you were 8 or 9? Your profile says you're 30 years old.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have no secrets from each other. But that's my husband - not my boyfriend of two months....
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

I'm assuming you broke up with your ex recently...so that means you guys have been together since you were 8 or 9? Your profile says you're 30 years old.

Oh snap! Now that's just... gross.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I don't care about his past, I'm his future. We're all good and share when it is necessary or wanted, or as the situation arises.

this. it doesn't matter where I've been, or where he's been. we've learned valuable life lessons along the way that help us make our relationship the best one either of us has ever known. :smile:

and that's all that matters.
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I don't ever snoop on my bf. It's a sure sign of distrust to even want to do it.

Leave your friend's insecurities to her. You're fine.

^That right there.
    Yeah. That.
  • IPAkiller
    Options

But he had such a sweet sweet van!
    free-candy-truck-1.jpg