Cosplayer looking for fitness pals!

Options
Hello, I'm Kristin and I've been cosplaying since about 2007. Love it! I've had MFP for a little while, but haven't really been disciplined about using it. I want to change that. I'm 5'5", about 135 lb, and a size 8. I'm not in the worst shape, but I do want to improve myself. Cosplay is part of my inspiration for getting fit. There are some costumes I would love to wear to a convention, but I don't feel like I could wear them confidently because I think I look too doughy, lol. There are a lot of cosplayers that have amazing photos of themselves with a rockin bod, and I want to be one of them! *Xena Warrior Cry*

So hopefully, if you're into cosplay too, and looking to get fit, we can help each other stay motivated. :D

Replies

• Assfatstraightfacts
    Options
    Hi Cinnaska!

I'm also looking to get fit for cosplay! I've had MFP for some time too and go through periods of being really diligent and then longer periods of not logging my food and exercise at all. Comic Con is just in a handful of months so it's time for me to get cracking! :smile:
  • tehdux0r
    tehdux0r Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm into cosplaying as well! I've been going to Dragon*Con since 2007, and I have a few new cosplays lined up for this year.
  • CatFrogPanda
    CatFrogPanda Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hey

I'm going to my 1st convention in April. I am a shy person and I want to loose the weight so I can feel confident.
  • Roarmiaka
    Roarmiaka Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I need to cosplay Dr. Robotnik/Eggman before i lose to much weight haha. one benefit of being a heavy guy :P
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Cosplayer here. Attended my first con in June 2013 and will be going to another one in April this year. I cosplay Haruhi Suzumiya and Yuri Nakamura from Angel Beats. Would like to do Misaki from Maid-sama and Misuzu Kamio from Air eventually...

I'm 5'4" and 134 pounds US size 6. Looking to get to 125-128 before April and to between 20-21 % body fat. (currently I'm 21.7%)....
    I started in March 2012 at 234 pounds and over 30% body fat. Would like to develop more muscle and get rid of some of the "skinny fat" look to get more confident in my cosplay!

Feel free to add me!
  • Nimue108
    Nimue108 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    SUPAH Cosplayer Here!! I am working on getting trimmed up for cosplay and roller derby!! Feel free to send a friend request!
  • bradXdale
    Options
    I'm a very big World of Warcraft / Warcraft / Starcraft / Star Wars fan.

Maybe one day I'll build a Dwarven Hammer and grow a beard past my chest (only a normal sized bear now) and cosplay a dwarf...even though I may surpass the height requirement.

Welcome to the boards!
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/13856-convention-goers-weightloss

Here is a group that gets into just that kind of thing. Feel free to check them out and best of luck!
  • evilpixiegrrr
    Options
    Hi!

I'm not a cosplayer, but I'm a huge geek and video gamer. I currently work for Ubisoft, and often work events like NYCC/SDCC/PAX.

Feel free to add me!
  • geminigrey
    geminigrey Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Heya! I'm a beginner cosplayer myself, did my first real one at Dragoncon last year. I chose Robert Baratheon from Game of Thrones because let's face it, not a lot of cool fat guy options out there. I'm working on learning more of the creating skills now (taking some sewing classes and such) and planning on trying to dip into my Star Trek geekery with a Klingon costume at least by Dragoncon this year, if not before. Cosplay has been a bit motivator to try to get into shape for me, so good to see other folks out there doing the same!
  • ArchangelMJ
    ArchangelMJ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm not a cosplayer, but I'm a huge geek and video gamer. I currently work for Ubisoft, and often work events like NYCC/SDCC/PAX.

Feel free to add me!

Can I just say that you look absolutely fabulous? I peeped your profile and was floored by your age, you don't look a day over 25!

See, I knew video games were good for you, lol, people just don't know!
  • beebeewho
    beebeewho Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I love cosplay, though I've only done it once or twice myself, I'm pretty shy and don't really have many friends who are into it either. However I would love to add some of you on MFP, I have zero friends on there and I feel like having any kind of connections will help me stay on track! Hope you all don't mind!
  • beebeewho
    beebeewho Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Feel free to add me!

Can I just say that you look absolutely fabulous? I peeped your profile and was floored by your age, you don't look a day over 25!

I second this!! You look amazing!
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Feel free to add me!

I second this!! You look amazing!

THIRDED LOL
  • squeepig
    squeepig Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, there are very few larger women Cosplay roles, short of Ursula from The Little Mermaid. I know there are some really brave Cosplayers out there who will dress as a plus sized Wonder Woman, but I've also seen the flack they get and it's not something my self esteem needs to deal with right now.
  • CallMePat
    CallMePat Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hey Kristin!
    I not a cosplayer but a pretty big video games/anime nerd. I wouldn't mind going to a convention but def wanna get more fit to go as someone awesome.
    I do practice some martial arts, and I like to think its because I'm anime and stuff. Kind of like cosplay.
    This is my second round on MFP, I lost like 40 pounds last time but didn't stay healthy.
    Anyways I always try to be supportive to my friends.
    Ill send you a fr and anyone is more than welcome to add me.
    I need the support too.
  • cinnaska
    cinnaska Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow, I wasn't getting any replies on this, and I was ready to assume there weren't many cosplayers on here. Thanks for proving me wrong, guys! This is awesome! Feel free to add me, I'll go through the list and add you folks. Totally math!!!! :D
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Cosplay is one of the main catalysts and reasons for this stint on MFP for me! I started cosplaying 2 years ago, and the pictures were not flattering :/ Usually, I avoid cameras like the plague, but you can't avoid them if you're in costumes at a con. The final straw was at Chicago TARDIS after Thanksgiving - I had my best costume yet and all I can see when I look at pictures is the chub chub chub chub chub. So, I logged back onto MFP and have been working hard with awesome cosplay goals in mind. Ultimate goal is to do the new Ms. Marvel in 2015.

First convention for me this year is a local Doctor Who con in May - planning to wear my CT costume with pins to nip it back where it's too big. Hopefully by the time CT rolls around next November, I'll get it altered to fit my hopefully much smaller body!
  • Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    Options
    In... 'cause I have a green-eyed blonde-haired tall son named Vash, and one day soon I'll need to sew him a long red coat and hit some cons.
  • All I saw was "cosplayer" and I knew that I had to reply. I'm trying to lose 35-40 lbs by October for New York Comic Con! Planning on going as someone different every day of the weekend.

Harley Quinn will be Friday, Saturday I will go as Poison Ivy and Sunday I will either go as Jill Valentine (Resident Evil 1 or 3 Jill) or as Alice from RE: Retribution.

Anyone need a motivating friend, please feel free to add me :smile: