T25

Options
Has anyone ever completed T25 and had good results? What do you do after the program is completed? I have looked for reviews online and most seem to be written by someone affiliated with beach body. I would like to lose 70 pounds but kind of want something to "jump start" this process. Also, I would like to go to the gym on addition to T25.

Replies

• sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I saw the infomercial for it last night and it seems like something I could do so I am also thinking about getting it. As with any workout program I think you would get out of it whatever you put into it.
  • WontShareChocolate
    Options
    Has anyone ever completed T25 and had good results? What do you do after the program is completed? I have looked for reviews online and most seem to be written by someone affiliated with beach body. I would like to lose 70 pounds but kind of want something to "jump start" this process. Also, I would like to go to the gym on addition to T25.

Can you please explain what you mean by "jump start?" I've completed Insanity twice T25 is a form of Insanity.
  • PDarrall
    PDarrall Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am seven weeks in and having excellent results.

After the programme is complete, you can add Gamma, or repeat or move onto something like Insanity.

I have no affiliation to Beachbody.

However to be very clear, you do need to combine diet with exercise to lose 70lbs. I have lost 20lbs in seven weeks with a combination of MFP and T25

I have also done some additional exercise to T25, but not a lot.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I am not affiliated with BeachBody and I did the Alpha and Beta rounds, so I'll give you my take on it.

Pros: Only 25 minutes (plus cool down), has a modifier for every exercise so you can do low impact and still get a good workout, the movements build from easier to harder so you can choose what level you can do, and the movements repeat from workout to another, making the routines easy to follow. I like Shaun T as a trainer, he is good about giving tips on how to do the moves and engages the audience, not just the crew, so you don't feel like you're just watching other people work out. The workout schedule mixes it up really well so you're not doing the same routine every Tuesday.

Cons: Alpha round is only cardio with some body weight exercises (you get weights in Beta), the routines get boring after awhile because it is a lot of the same moves, the damn neon everywhere, and poor hubby Scott always looks ridiculously uncomfortable when Shaun focuses on him. Also got tired of Sweaty Pike-Up girl and hearing about Derek's amazing squats. Obviously my challenge group had lots of discussions about the cast members and who was cheating during the workouts to keep us entertained over the 10 weeks because we got bored.

Tips: 1) You really need to get your diet in check to see results. If you aren't eating at a deficit, it's not going to matter.

2) It's a 30 minute workout, and you get out of it what you put into it. It's not magic, and you probably don't have the awesome calorie burn that you think you do no matter how sweaty you are at the end. I've seen a lot of "I'm on week X of T25, why no results" posts around here, and it's usually because the person is overestimating their calorie burn from it, or has overblown expectations of the results.

3) It is only 30 min, but it's also tough with the way it is designed - longer periods of intensity and shorter breaks. If you are new to exercise or just getting back into it, I would recommend just doing the program and not trying to add lots of other exercise on top of it. The calorie burns may not be off the charts, but you will be working lots of body parts and need rest to repair them. I remember my legs and shoulders being sore just from the bodyweight stuff in Alpha because I had been away from exercise for so long.

4) The results shown on TV are not typical. At the end of my 10 weeks, I had lost 5.5 lbs and about 5 inches overall.

I openly admit that my diet was not really in check until the end of the Alpha round, and I did not see any weight loss until the last week, although there was some movement on the measurements. That's not to say I was crazy with my diet during that time, I was actually pretty dang close, but it really was accurately measuring and weighing my food that has been the reason for my weight loss. The exercise is nice for fitness and giving me more calories to eat, but it's not responsible for the scale going down.
  • crazylesty07
    Options
    I'll admit, I'm a Beachbody coach, but if you eat properly (and eat enough) and stick to the T25 plan, you'll get great results. I bought the program so I could waive fees when I signed on as a coach because I'd had other programs work so well for me (they've helped me lost 50lbs...no lie). I just completed my first week of alpha T25 and weighed in today...lost 3.4lbs and 2 inches after 5 days of doing that and eating the way the guide told me to. Even if I weren't a coach, I'd still say it's an awesome program and would whole heartedly recommend it to anyone looking to get into shape and lose a bunch of weight. It's intense (but not like Insanity which I still can't handle). Either way, it's about eating the proper foods (no crap) and eating enough but not too much...weight loss is based on caloric deficit. Just don't starve yourself, been there, done that too.

After the 10 week program is over, you can repeat and/or use it as you'd like, but I'd suggest changing up your process and doing a different program or getting into a gym so you don't plateau.
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I tried T25. Got through the first week and stopped. It's a high impact workout and was very hard on my knees and ankles. I'm sure it would give great results though if you stick with it. I also just hate the cost of Beachbody products and the push to buy Shakeology.
  • ashleyShades
    ashleyShades Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    By "jump start" I mean something to keep me motivated and help me start this journey
  • ashleyShades
    ashleyShades Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I am not affiliated with BeachBody and I did the Alpha and Beta rounds, so I'll give you my take on it.

Pros: Only 25 minutes (plus cool down), has a modifier for every exercise so you can do low impact and still get a good workout, the movements build from easier to harder so you can choose what level you can do, and the movements repeat from workout to another, making the routines easy to follow. I like Shaun T as a trainer, he is good about giving tips on how to do the moves and engages the audience, not just the crew, so you don't feel like you're just watching other people work out. The workout schedule mixes it up really well so you're not doing the same routine every Tuesday.

Cons: Alpha round is only cardio with some body weight exercises (you get weights in Beta), the routines get boring after awhile because it is a lot of the same moves, the damn neon everywhere, and poor hubby Scott always looks ridiculously uncomfortable when Shaun focuses on him. Also got tired of Sweaty Pike-Up girl and hearing about Derek's amazing squats. Obviously my challenge group had lots of discussions about the cast members and who was cheating during the workouts to keep us entertained over the 10 weeks because we got bored.

Tips: 1) You really need to get your diet in check to see results. If you aren't eating at a deficit, it's not going to matter.

2) It's a 30 minute workout, and you get out of it what you put into it. It's not magic, and you probably don't have the awesome calorie burn that you think you do no matter how sweaty you are at the end. I've seen a lot of "I'm on week X of T25, why no results" posts around here, and it's usually because the person is overestimating their calorie burn from it, or has overblown expectations of the results.

3) It is only 30 min, but it's also tough with the way it is designed - longer periods of intensity and shorter breaks. If you are new to exercise or just getting back into it, I would recommend just doing the program and not trying to add lots of other exercise on top of it. The calorie burns may not be off the charts, but you will be working lots of body parts and need rest to repair them. I remember my legs and shoulders being sore just from the bodyweight stuff in Alpha because I had been away from exercise for so long.

4) The results shown on TV are not typical. At the end of my 10 weeks, I had lost 5.5 lbs and about 5 inches overall.

I openly admit that my diet was not really in check until the end of the Alpha round, and I did not see any weight loss until the last week, although there was some movement on the measurements. That's not to say I was crazy with my diet during that time, I was actually pretty dang close, but it really was accurately measuring and weighing my food that has been the reason for my weight loss. The exercise is nice for fitness and giving me more calories to eat, but it's not responsible for the scale going down.

Thank you for the detailed answer and it was funny too!
  • merisaOct3
    merisaOct3 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm starting T25 tomorrow. I'm happy to see this thread and the very thoughtful responses. As a note, I found a brand new never opened in box program with Gamma on Craigslist for about 50% off the Beachbody price (about 40% off what I saw on Amazon and Ebay, too).
    I would like to find a challenge group to chat about the program, too.
  • MrsKato1021
    MrsKato1021 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have been doing T25 since Jan 6, I love it..so far I have lost 8lbs in 5 wks. My friend and coach Derek ( the guy with the amzzzing squats) runs an awesome challenge group. Diet is key, and the stuff I have earned from him is amazzizng! I have just started beta phaseand can't wait to see my results. As far as I see everyone in the videos does a good. Most of them where in a test group and lost amazing amounts of weight. 2 things need to happen 1. You need to give it 110% for 25 min. 2. Diet is key, not just weighing and measuring but also what you put into your body. There is a meal guide that comes with the program...follow that. I'll admitmy diet is clean 90% of the time. Good luck to all that start this program..yol live it!
  • emilyrthompson
    Options
    I am on week 6 of T25. I didn't follow the nutrition guide but I ate around 1300 calories a day give or take 100 for the first 4 weeks (last few days I fell off the wagon a little due to a family issue but proud to say I am back on today). I have lost over 10 inches and 5 pounds and I can tell a difference in my body and the way my cloths fit. I would have liked to lose more weight but I know I am building muscle. I can't wait to see the results in the next 5 weeks. After this is over, I am considering adding in 30 minutes of cardio/run on top of some of my favorite T-25 videos 5 days a week.
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options

Thank you for the detailed answer and it was funny too!

I found this response funny as well.
    I'm almost done with week 3 of Alpha. I eat at a decent calorie deficit. I wear a HRM when doing the workouts and depending on the work out for the scheduled day I can burn between 280-325 calories. On fridays it's scheduled to do 2 of the workouts bringing your total for the day to roughly 60 minutes after completing cool-downs. However, you can push the 2nd workout to saturday. So far I've lost 3.2 lbs and about 2 inches overall. My daily calories average out to 1200-1350 a day and I don't eat back the calories burned through exercise.
    BTW, I'm also not affiliated with beachbody in anyway. I'm actually borrowing the T25 system from a friend.
  • arorak
    Options
    Funny you I should see this, I have literally just finished "Total Body Circuit" of T25 as I sit here in a puddle of my own sweat.

It's a good workout I think. I'm 26, 5'9", 83kg, and burnt 390, 370 and 350 in the 3 videos I've done so far.

I did the first month of insanity, but I found the 2nd month boring so stopped that. Although my calorie burn was definitely higher with insanity, I've enjoyed T25 more so far (I'm sure I'll get somewhat bored of it in a couple of weeks - but it's only 25 mins, the same as an episode of trashy TV).

Hope this helps!
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I am almost done T25 beta (week 5 is almost done). I enjoy it for the most part. I find the modified moves helped me a lot and now that I have built up some of the supporting muscles around my knees I can do more of the high impact moves without pain.

I have lost about 10 lbs over the 10 weeks, I was on pace to lose more but I had some set backs (Christmas seems to last for 2 weeks between my husbands side of the family and mine, and a crazy thyroid being mostly down instead of up like it had been before). I take credit for that, not T25, deficits loss weight not workouts.

I enjoy the fact that I am not doing the same workout ever Tuesday but they do start getting old eventually with the moves being repeated throughout different workouts. And as much as Shaun T is a good coach I am getting a little tired of him now that the program is coming to a close.

Bottom line, I would recommend it, just don't be surprised if you are bored by the end of the 10 weeks.
  • ChristineMB8
    Options
    I have completed T25 and loved it!!! Had great results!!! Of course you do even better if you follow their eating program, or you can just eat healthy on your own and help yourself keep track on here with your food. I have also done Insanity, Chalene Extreme, Turbo Fire, and Les Mills Combat (from them) and totally love them all! Just follow their schedule and tick off each day you do! I am in my 4th week of P90X3 now and yep, love that one too! LOVE Beachbody videos!!! :)
  • impromark
    impromark Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm almost two weeks in and am enjoying it so far. The first week was tough, but week two is already demonstrably easier. I like it because of the length and (at least in the Alpha phase) the lack of additional equipment needed. I was on a business trip this week and comfortably did two workouts in my hotel room.

I'm also "chasing" my T25s with 45 minutes on the treadmill. This fills out my workout time (I'd previously been doing an hour on the treadmill every morning) and scores some extra calories burned. Can't hurt.

How have people been counting T25 in MFP? The closest I've found is "Aerobics, High Impact"..?

Mark
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I'm almost two weeks in and am enjoying it so far. The first week was tough, but week two is already demonstrably easier. I like it because of the length and (at least in the Alpha phase) the lack of additional equipment needed. I was on a business trip this week and comfortably did two workouts in my hotel room.

I'm also "chasing" my T25s with 45 minutes on the treadmill. This fills out my workout time (I'd previously been doing an hour on the treadmill every morning) and scores some extra calories burned. Can't hurt.

How have people been counting T25 in MFP? The closest I've found is "Aerobics, High Impact"..?

Mark

I created a new exercise and used the calorie burn read from my Polar FT7 heart rate monitor...
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I use high impact aerobics but change what MFP says to my Polar Ft4 (which for once is higher, usually I'm lower)