Wrong information

Options
I was wondering why I was allowed to have over 3,200 calories per day and everyone else seemed to have only 1,200. Until I checked my profile and realised I had listed my height as 6m 62cm instead of 162cm - now come on how could the system allow me to be 6m tall!!!
What a waste of a week, mind you I had lots of calories left over at the end of each day - no wonder.
Has anyone else made a silly mistake like that and wasted time. Ahhhh and the wedding is next week, so this week will be a tough one. Mind you I still lost one kilo, must have been the heavy exercises I was doing.

Replies

• elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    It seems like this type of issue occurs pretty regularly. I've seen quite a few posts where the initial info is entered wrong, and the person is wondering why they are set up to GAIN weight instead of LOSE weight (hint, if your initial weight is 22 lbs instead of 220, and your goal weight is 150, then MFP will set you up to gain weight!) ;-)

Welcome, and enjoy. This is a great group of people.
  • Craig772
    Craig772 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I very often enter an exercise that says I burned say 500 calories but I was wrong so add another exercise with say 550 calories then delete the first. However the system puts an update on me burning 1050 calories. I wish... :)
  • lanadee
    lanadee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Colleen, I am sorry you are upset but honestly I don't know of ANY diet that would allow me to eat over 3,000 calories. The fact that you lost proves you have self control :-). I guess I would suggest having a good laugh and brush it off. I am sure you are going to do a fantastic job. Blessings lanadee
  • chacaruso
    chacaruso Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    3200 calories!!!! That's certainly a clue that some information was incorrect. My goodness, could you imagine eating that much!
  • colleengilbey
    Options
    Oh I have had a good laugh about it and shared my funny experience with many.
  • colleengilbey
    Options
    2923154.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods