Want to get BF some chocolates for V-day...

Options
I want to get my boyfriend some chocolates for V-day, but we are both watching our calories and so I don't want them to be *too* unhealthy. I know dark chocolate is better (and he prefers that kind)... but any specific suggestions? Nothing fancy, I need to be able to get it from a grocery or drugstore.

Thanks for help!

Replies

• SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    You can buy small boxes of chocolates here, with 4 or 5 good quality Belgian chocolates, or a box with 5 chocolates; enough to write "I-:heart: -Y-O-U" on them. Cute and thoughtful without breaking the calorie bank too much :)
  • tegalicious
    Options
    Not sure where you are located but here (US) the grocery store has 60% cocoa squares from Ghirardelli that are 50 calories a square. It is sold in a little pack with like ten squares or something. I eat some every night for a mini chocolate fix. It is a good little amount for a little amount of calories. You could also go to Godiva if you have that store and get two chocolate covered strawberries. One for each of you! The database has them at 70 calories each but I haven't confirmed that yet but it seems about right.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I'd get some portioned chocolates too - the 100 calorie bars from Trader Joe's, squares from Ghirardelli or Dove etc. Or a small box of chocolates.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Get some quality semi-sweet chocolate chips, microwave them until melted (stirring every 30s), and dip strawberries, bananas and other fruits in them. Or get a small portion/box of something quality. Milka brand is way better tasting than Godiva but doesn't look as fancy.

I got my baby a small box of Andes mints that had a valentine's day cover on it.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    Reeses Hearts...

You don't half *kitten* candy...sorry...
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    You don't half *kitten* candy..If you're going to eat it.. eat it

that being said.. I actually love these..

http://radiantly-raw-kitchen.myshopify.com/collections/assortments

idk if they ship though.
  • morehealthymatt
    morehealthymatt Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Whatever the amount of chocolate is in the box, divide by 2 and give him 2 pieces a day for however long (30 pieces /2 =15 days). "15 days of sweet, sweet love!" Stretch the the valentine's day sweets for your sweetie. Make it a game for the extended "holiday" with a little note with 2 pieces of candy each day. Leave it in the AM one day...leave it in the PM one day. Put on the dash of his car one day....put in is underwear drawer one day....mix it up.
  • wertgirlfor
    wertgirlfor Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I would just make sure to get something small. I always like little boxes of truffles, they're very chocolately but you don't get a ton of them so you enjoy them more. Chocolate on Valentine's Day won't kill a healthy diet anyway, just don't overdo it if you can help it lol.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    ^^^
    that's cute..except for the underwear drawer idea...

I don't want to go anywhere near a mans underwear unless I myself did the laundry.

LOL
  • EvenThatNameIsTaken
    Options
    Lol at the replies and thanks for all of them! I ended up getting a small bag sea salt caramels covered in dark chocolate. None of the boxed sets had dark chocolate except a huge one!
  • EvenThatNameIsTaken
    Options
    Not sure where you are located but here (US) the grocery store has 60% cocoa squares from Ghirardelli that are 50 calories a square. It is sold in a little pack with like ten squares or something. I eat some every night for a mini chocolate fix. It is a good little amount for a little amount of calories. You could also go to Godiva if you have that store and get two chocolate covered strawberries. One for each of you! The database has them at 70 calories each but I haven't confirmed that yet but it seems about right.

ooh.. this is a good idea for regular consumption!
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to say it..... I don't know many boys that want chocolates as a gift.... ....... .................... :laugh: :wink: :wink: :wink:
  • EvenThatNameIsTaken
    Options
    I'm just going to say it..... I don't know many boys that want chocolates as a gift.... ....... .................... :laugh: :wink: :wink: :wink:

haha, yes he loves chocolate but loves other things more. those things won't be forgotten :happy:
  • katielauren2001
    katielauren2001 Posts: 171 Member
    Options