Any meals under 350 cals? (Dinner)

I didn't get the time to workout today, so I'm left with 340 calories, and I still need to have dinner! It wouldn't kill me to go over my goal, but I'd rather not if possible.

Any ideas?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    That's me most days. Feel free to check my diary!
  • KatieWH
    KatieWH Posts: 68 Member
    Homemade soups are very low in calories. Check out the stuffed pepper soup on skinnytaste.com. Delicious!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    6 oz baked Salmon = 165 cal
    1 /2 minute brown rice = 115 cal
    1 cup any veggie= 75 cal
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Mushroom omelette
    Vegetable soup
    Ratatouille
    Tuna salad ( watch the dressing)
    Salmon with asparagus
    Chicken breast with green beans
  • katorihanzo
    katorihanzo Posts: 234 Member
    Homemade pizzas are very low in calories. I make mine on a pita which is only 80 calories. It leaves me a ton of room for veggies, pineapple and tomato sauce (~80 calories, quite a bit more for pesto). I also add a few slices of ham or pepperoni (~40 calories per 3 slices - I cut them up) and then about 80 more calories for the cheese. I use 15 g of a sharp cheese - you can use less cheese if it's got a strong flavour. I find if I buy the skim milk stuff it's completely flavourless and I could put a whole block on there and not taste it.

Anyway, it comes out to about 280 calories for an entire pizza. You'll even have some left over!

Tip: If you use a regular pita like I do, cut it into 4 pieces before you bake it or else it'll be too crispy to cut without crumbling. If you use a greek pita, it's more like a real pizza crust (they work perfectly) but they're more like 200 calories.

If it isn't obvious, I eat a LOT of homemade pizzas.
  • lebbyloses
    lebbyloses Posts: 133 Member
    Tons of steamed vegetables and 6 ounces of tilapia.
  • brewji
    brewji Posts: 752 Member
    1 cup any veggie= 75 cal

This.

Also, cooking your own food will help to burn some extra cals

You could always jog on the spot for 10 minutes...burns roughly 100 cals that way (depending on weight/height/age)
  • sarainiowa
    sarainiowa Posts: 287 Member
    Fresh Veggie Stir Fry.
  • Wholefoods "Mom's Chicken Soup" is 300 calories per container.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Homemade pizzas are very low in calories. I make mine on a pita which is only 80 calories. It leaves me a ton of room for veggies, pineapple and tomato sauce (~80 calories, quite a bit more for pesto). I also add a few slices of ham or pepperoni (~40 calories per 3 slices - I cut them up) and then about 80 more calories for the cheese. I use 15 g of a sharp cheese - you can use less cheese if it's got a strong flavour. I find if I buy the skim milk stuff it's completely flavourless and I could put a whole block on there and not taste it.

Anyway, it comes out to about 280 calories for an entire pizza. You'll even have some left over!

Tip: If you use a regular pita like I do, cut it into 4 pieces before you bake it or else it'll be too crispy to cut without crumbling. If you use a greek pita, it's more like a real pizza crust (they work perfectly) but they're more like 200 calories.

But so small and so not filling.
  • I'm gonna go with:

• A homemade roasted chicken thigh, with bone and skin: 153 cals
    • A big-*kitten* baby arugula salad, with a whole chopped up apple, w/oil (1 tbsp) and vinegar: 170 cals

323 cals. Under budget and full-blown paleo to boot. Delicious and satisfying. I pretty much live on this meal.
  • sad_kitty
    sad_kitty Posts: 84 Member
    A leafy green salad with mixed raw veggies, top it with sliced baked salmon done in lemon pepper, dill and capers with a vinaigrette drizzled on top?
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Big salad loaded with your favorite veggies, a can of albacore tuna, some feta, and fat free italian dressing

Lettuce, spinach, tomato and veggies: 50 cals
    Can of tuna: 120 cals
    1 oz feta: 75 cals
    3tbs light italian: ~66cals

You can also take the tuna (or canned salmon), mix with an egg, some herbs, cheeses of your choice, mold into patties, and fry for really low cal comfort food.
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Sushi! You can have a bunch for less than 350, if the rolls aren't mayonnaise or avocado based.
  • katorihanzo
    katorihanzo Posts: 234 Member

But so small and so not filling.

As big as an individual sized pizza at any restaurant and filling for me! I should say I put about 10 handfuls of vegetables on because I love vegetables. It's about as much food as a good sized salad with cheese and meat and crutons.
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    1 cup any veggie= 75 cal

Nice dinner.
    Also, sardines packed in olive oil or water (with or without skin or little legs)
    on top of the above.
    If you have room throw sliced apples and a tad of maple syrup together and bake in the oven for dessert.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Are you going to the store or just trying to figure out based on what you have? If the latter, what do you have access to?

Or are you considering eating out?

How are you looking for the week? Could you balance out the week pretty easily even if you end up over for the night?
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    If you go to my dairy and check yesterday dinner, you can adjust a bit and have that.
  • xscat
    xscat Posts: 80 Member
    3~4oz grilled chicken or steamed shrimp (100~150kcal)
    steamed broccoli/cauliflower/zucchini with garlic, pepper and a pinch of salt (100kcal-ish)
    OR salad with vinegar (no oil, no cheese)
    baked potatoes 100grams (less than 100kcal)

I make roasted baby potatoes cuz they are tiny and 100 grams could be 6~7 of them. It creates the illusion that I'm eating more than I actually am :)