FRUIT!?

Options
Hey guys,

I'm curious to know what all of you truly think about fruit, as there is much controversy. I'm so in love with fruit! I'm always craving it and always ready to eat it. I'm still in the process of losing my weight, and I've been told that if I really want to lose weight faster, I'll have to cut out most fruit.

It really makes me sad to think that I'd have to do that. And it makes sense. Since I've been counting my calories I've realized that most fruit is very high in that department.

But for instance, right now I'm craving an apple. That would be my THIRD apple of the day! A lot of people say that it's the sugar I'm craving and that it can be fixed with protein. Well, I just had a huge lunch with eggs and ham, so I know that can't be it. I really don't know what to think or do.

HELP!!!!

Replies

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Just eat that apple. As long as you stay within your calories for the day, no harm done.
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    You don't have to cut out any food group to lose weight. Fruit is delicious and good for you. You should have some. :smile:
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with an apple. Provided you're getting adequate fat and protein, and the apples don't (somehow) throw you over your carb or calorie goals, feel free to eat your apples guilt-free.

They even have micronutrients and fiber.
  • LexiMelo
    LexiMelo Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    If there is a controversy about fruit, someone made it up to sell something. There are tons of nutritional benefits to eating fruit. I eat an apple, 1/2 grapefruit, a large banana a day at least, and sometimes add blueberries, strawberries and others. You do want to watch your sugar intake but you can easily eat 3-4 pieces of fruit a day in a healthy diet.

I couldn't afford to eat three apples a day LOL. I buy 10/week for my husband and I and that's like $15.
  • avathecado
    Options
    I suppose it makes sense that It's ok as long as I stay in my calorie limit. Thanks for the feedback! I ate the apple :tongue:
  • avathecado
    Options
    I ate it! Yum. haha