Not another one of these topics: Can't hit my protein goal.

Options
13»

Replies

• tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Tofu, hummus, beans. Lentils, soy milk.
  • Will32283
    Will32283 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Tuna, Salmon, Turkey, Tilapia, Shrimp
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Fish, especially shellfish (scallops and crab are off the chart protein dense!).

And I find it tough to (1) get as much protein as I want from a macro perspective, (2) maintain a calorie restricted diet, (3) get sufficient fat, (4) get sufficient carbs to fuel my workouts, and (5) still enjoy indulgences like sweet coffee creamer and booze. These goals are inherently conflicting -- and so compromises need to be made sometimes. I rely a lot more these days on protein powders in water because you can pack in protein pretty efficiently calorie-wise, and even if it's not the greatest snack in the world, it allows you to use some of your calorie budget on other goals too.
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I found that mixing a vanilla whey protein powder and a little bit of cinnamon is a nice way to start the day. Gets my craving for a latte out of the way and a lot easier to fit into my macros.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,008 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt and Nuts but not together that would be gross ;)

I eat greek yogurt and nuts together all the time, usually with raw oats and fresh or dried fruits. It's delicious for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, dessert...
  • sarahtebazile
    sarahtebazile Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm focused on a certain number (137) and I do believe I need to up my protein rich foods (that means more meat yay!).

I do love nuts but they usually send my fat over. As a vegetarian, do you have any protein rich vegetables you could recommend?

My "protein" foods tend to be soy-meats, egg, cheese, greek yogurts, quinoa, and lots of beans and lentils. I soak and cook the beans I eat myself. Not only does this cut out lots of sodium and perservatives, I also don't get any gas w/beans that I've personally cooked. :)