gluten free

Options
I am new to the community. I have many food allergies so most of my food is made at home from scratch. What is the best way for me to find out the various info for my food diary----such as carbs sodium etc. Especially since I have the need to be wheat and gluten free. Also when ordering something like an unwich from a deli?

Thanking all in advance

Replies

• Leslietheriot
    Leslietheriot Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    When I eat out, I always check to see what gluten free options the place has before I order. Also, you should be able to see carbs, protein, etc in your diary. You can also search for sandwich without bun or whatever it is and add gluten free in the search bar. You would be surprised at how many things there are there :)
  • treasuremapper
    treasuremapper Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    gluten free?
  • SimplyMicheleR
    SimplyMicheleR Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I cook a lot at home, so my imperfect system is to add all of the ingredients that I put into something, then divide by number of servings and use that in my NOT shared foods. I know the count is off as some calories change as food cooks, but I have no clue how to figure that out, and my husband had a great nutritionist that told me that this is a pretty close way to count them....

My Husband is also GF, but I do all of the cooking. If you need help, PM me....