Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Les Mills FanClub

Hi guys,

I think I am ADDICTED to Les Mills classes. They're amazing. I always feel great after I've done one (or two some days!).

I just wanted to know if there are any other members here that like these classes. My favourites at the moment would have to be Body Pump (I do that 3 times a week without fail). Body Jam and RPM!

I hope there are some other fans out there. I'm thinking that one day I might try and become an instructor in a few of these classes.

- Cassie

Replies

• I LOVE Les Mills! I got into them in New Zealand when I was studying abroad (they had them at the university rec center!) my favorites were Body pump, RPM (which I did at 6am 5x per week and got in the best shape ever!), and the cardio one (I forgot what it's called).

I tried a class at my rec center here in Colorado and it definitely wasn't the same. There is a gym here that has Les mills, but I cant really justify paying for it as I go to my college one for free.

That would be so fun to be an instructor and get paid for doing the classes!!haha! I think I would have a hard time memorizing all the movements and the order of the routines, but if you're good at that kind of thing, then go for it!!
  • Haha. They are incredible. It's such a pity that they're not at your college one.

There are a few cardio ones. Body Attack is the main one I think. Not too sure.

I find that when I'm in Body Pump I actually know what's coming next. How the movements change from singles to 2 down, 2 up. Etc. And how many. It's cool. So maybe I will be cut out for it!
  • I've been a Body Pump fan for a few weeks now, but until a few hours ago, that was the extent of my Les Mills experience.

This evening I tried Body Step, and let me just advise others who may be looking into these classes: If you are uncoordinated and don't follow directions well, be prepared to laugh at yourself the entire way thru Body Step. I had no clue what I was doing, and I couldn't keep up, lololol. I resorted to the "if you get lost, just do a basic step" too many times to count.

Did I have fun? Yes. Did I break a good sweat and feel like I got a good workout? Yes. But was I able to keep up with the choreography and do the class the "proper" way? Heck no.

With that being said, I'll most likely try it a few more times. Surely it gets easier.