Options

Replies

• bazzaking38
    Options
    waste of time
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    My friend had to tell me on Valentine's Day that the guy I had been seeing was now seeing someone else. Apparently he couldn't tell me himself and thought ignoring me was the best option.

Yesterday I got 4 cupcakes because my SO has to work tonight. I am much better off now. Cupcakes! :heart:
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Pull yourself together man! Every one has had some one be a jerk to them on valentine's day! the trick is not to let the knocks get you down.

Really a cabbage patch doll?

Sigh. Yes.

307227900-20123015.jpg
    That is especially weird, since you were probably a sophomore in high school around the same time I was, and those dolls went out, like, 5 years before that?!
  • bazzaking38
    Options
    dont know why
  • Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    My ex decided around 3 he wanted me to come over for valentines. A little back story; He is a hardcore Christian whose whole family thought I was the devil because I am not as religious as they are.

Essentially he drove me to his place to fool around. Surprise! His parents show up. He told me to stay put and he would be right back. I ended up watching three movies by myself while him and his family bashed me in the other room an ate pie.

Then he came back and expected a bj.

(I lived over an hour away from him and didn't drive let alone know what buses to take, otherwise I would have booked it out of there)

:explode:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You know, when I was in elementary school, I had this huge crush on this boy. He was all like "ew, you're a girl" and I was all like "I want you to be my boyfriend."

Imagine my surprise when he gave me a watch for Christmas. Well, it was him and his friend put they're money together and bought it for me. But I was just all over the moon.

By middle school, he wouldn't even speak to me. :sad: :brokenheart:

Now, we are FB friends for life! :drinker:
  • greshka
    greshka Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I wasn't into dolls in HS. But if it will make you feel better, I can give you a kiss.:wink: It must be a ***** holding on to such fond memories...:huh:
  • SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    I was a Sophomore in HS...she wanted a Cabbage Patch Kid. I begged, borrowed, and stole for that $60.00 rag. She took the Cabbage Patch Kid and then dumped me.

Never again have I bought another V-Day present for anyone.

Men, have you ever been used for a gift during this time of year?
    Is this serious?

You're comparing a high school relationship to an adult one? I mean, that was crappy of her (and a weird request from someone that age), but in a committed, adult relatioship, that experience shouldn't matter. Get over it, dude.

But I can't. Can you offer free internet consultation services?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I was a Sophomore in HS...she wanted a Cabbage Patch Kid. I begged, borrowed, and stole for that $60.00 rag. She took the Cabbage Patch Kid and then dumped me.

Never again have I bought another V-Day present for anyone.

Men, have you ever been used for a gift during this time of year?
    Is this serious?

You're comparing a high school relationship to an adult one? I mean, that was crappy of her (and a weird request from someone that age), but in a committed, adult relatioship, that experience shouldn't matter. Get over it, dude.

But I can't. Can you offer free internet consultation services?
    I wouldn't even know where to begin. Can you buy me a Cabbage Patch doll first?
  • SGM_Adonis
    Options
    I wasn't into dolls in HS. But if it will make you feel better, I can give you a kiss.:wink: It must be a ***** holding on to such fond memories...:huh:

Some background to what prompted this post....a couple of my interns are snickering and boasting about all the free things they're going to get. I recalled that "once upon a time" story. I celebrate V-Day just like most do, but I don't make it about a product, I try to make it a more personal thing.

So there...you bunch of witch hunters. Leave me alone and let people tell their horror stories. If you don't like it, go buy a cat.
  • rml_16
    Options

Some background to what prompted this post....a couple of my interns are snickering and boasting about all the free things they're going to get. I recalled that "once upon a time" story. I celebrate V-Day just like most do, but I don't make it about a product, I try to make it a more personal thing.

So there...you bunch of witch hunters. Leave me alone and let people tell their horror stories. If you don't like it, go buy a cat.
    I do not buy animals.

But I already have three cats. :-)

I also have a fiance but will be spending this evening decorating cookis with girlfriends because he has to work. But the cookies are my gift to him. :-)
  • SGM_Adonis
    Options

I do not buy animals.

I also have a fiance but will be spending this evening decorating cookis with girlfriends because he has to work. But the cookies are my gift to him. :-)

Mmmmm....cookies!
    tumblr_m6oolzvXsJ1qfvx4yo1_500.gif
  • greshka
    greshka Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Pull the reigns, papi.
    Its all gravy baby.

BTW, I dont do cats. I'm a dog person, but I am into ANYTHING Dia de los muertos

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRH7K43YvaaJIyuLnVLHDm3EwerQfPDmrIKguKTdToU_o-twxSh4g
  • rml_16
    Options

I do not buy animals.

Mmmmm....cookies!
    See? Now don't you wish you were my Valentine?
  • SGM_Adonis
    Options

I do not buy animals.

Mmmmm....cookies!
    See? Now don't you wish you were my Valentine?

I don't know....that cookie looks mighty appetizing. Buutttttttt...I have my eyes on this one that has a beautiful pair of eyes....can't wait to see her cookie!!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    if she's not gonna use it, can I haz the Cabbage Patch Doll??
  • steffipaulina
    Options
    Why would someone in high school even want a cabbage patch kid doll?! If I was 'playing' a guy it wouldn't be for a cabbage patch doll - haha.

Totally lame situation though. I bet if you look her up now she's fat and has 3 kids - might make you feel better? ha.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I always have anti valentines days, gory horror movies with no happy endings. Last year I was dating a guy and he was really into the idea so we stayed in our pajamas all day and watched a ton of scary movies and drank beer. It was a good day.

Edit: I have a strict no present rule on valentines day, flowers maybe or I give a guy chocolates and a card but I don't think it should go above that, save that stuff for Christmas.

:drinker: That sounds like my perfect Valentine's! This is the first time in years that I'm still in a relationship on Valentine's, and I made sure I mentioned that I don't want it to be a big deal.

I plan on ordering pizza, drinking & watching a movie
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I got stood up two Valentine's Days ago by my then boyfriend. True story.
  • SGM_Adonis
    Options
    Why would someone in high school even want a cabbage patch kid doll?! If I was 'playing' a guy it wouldn't be for a cabbage patch doll - haha.

Totally lame situation though. I bet if you look her up now she's fat and has 3 kids - might make you feel better? ha.

I've seen some hot mother's around here with three "chirrens"...I hope she isn't fat and I hope that her three kids are beautiful.