Being Used on V-Day...

Options
13»

Replies

• branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    Listening to the radio on my way to work this morning. Lady calls in and says she is serving her husband divorce papers, but she is waiting until Monday. When asked why, she proceded to say that her husband has a really nice dinner planned for tonight, and also he bought her a gift for VD that she really wants. Its a DAMN car!!

So to reiterate, go to a nice dinner tonight, receive the keys to a brand new car, hang out and pretend to still love this man all weekend and then have him served with divorce papers on Monday???? Dafuq!! :noway:
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    Why would someone in high school even want a cabbage patch kid doll?! If I was 'playing' a guy it wouldn't be for a cabbage patch doll - haha.

Totally lame situation though. I bet if you look her up now she's fat and has 3 kids - might make you feel better? ha.

I've seen some hot mother's around here with three "chirrens"...I hope she isn't fat and I hope that her three kids are beautiful.

And THIS is why you deserve to have the most awesome of all of the women out there and why I have a soft spot for you!! XOXO! Keep being amazing!! :heart:
  • steffipaulina
    Options
    Why would someone in high school even want a cabbage patch kid doll?! If I was 'playing' a guy it wouldn't be for a cabbage patch doll - haha.

Totally lame situation though. I bet if you look her up now she's fat and has 3 kids - might make you feel better? ha.

I've seen some hot mother's around here with three "chirrens"...I hope she isn't fat and I hope that her three kids are beautiful.

Awe well at least you're not bitter about the situation,
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options

And THIS is why you deserve to have the most awesome of all of the women out there and why I have a soft spot for you!! XOXO! Keep being amazing!! :heart:
    He really is just the bee's knees, isn't he? Most guys as sharp and funny and wicked as him are also mean-spirited, but he has the self-confidence and poise to be mature when things don't go his way. They could stand to learn a thing or two from him, and I wish him the best of everything!

That's my dry-eyed, unsentimental Valentine to you, SGM. :drinker:
  • SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Awwww ...LCD & Fulkster...

:flowerforyou:
  • HappyRunner34
    HappyRunner34 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    When I was 18 I took a girl our on a date on V Day. She was beautiful, so I was punching above my weight class, as they say. We went to dinner..and when the check came and she just looked away...you know....like purposefully.
    Now, I was raised to be a gentleman and pay, especially since I did the asking. However, when it becomes assumed...its gets wrinkly.
    We went to the movie theater and for kicks, I asked for two tics and then looked at her. She looked back and said: "You're not for one second suggesting that I pay for my own movie are you?"
    Well, I had so many lines in my head - it was like a freeway in Cali during rush hour. What came out of my mouth was: "Nope, no need to pay for a movie that we aren't going too." (it made more sense in my head)
    then I explained that the assumption that it was all me - was a bit of a turn off...and that the date was over.
    I walked away feeling good about myself. Of course later that night I was remembering what she looks like and thought I was an idiot.
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I never had a Valentine's Day date in high school.

Not one.

Ever.

10th grade the guy broke up with me the last week of January and then asked me out again a week after Valentine's Day.

11th grade the guy called me on Valentine's Day from his ex-girlfriend's house and the conversation started something like "Ginger, we need to talk."

12th grade, I had to work on the 14th because I was the lonely girl with no boyfriend that day. But as luck would have it, I had conned a guy into going out to lunch with me on a field trip 2 days before Valentine's Day. He took me out on the 15th to sushi, and 2 kids later.....

I have never in my life celebrated a Valentines Day.
  • shining_light
    shining_light Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Never had a bad Valentine's Day that I can recall. :\ Granted, I've only been in the dating game for like 6 years and have been with my fiance for two of those six years, so... yeah. I still remember getting a sapphire ring for Valentine's Day when I was 16 from my high school sweetheart.
  • Autk79
    Autk79 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I had a guy that had me and another girlfriend and I guess he bought us the same necklace and tv. Id say its the worse but Um I got a Tv lol
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    When I was 18 I took a girl our on a date on V Day. She was beautiful, so I was punching above my weight class, as they say. We went to dinner..and when the check came and she just looked away...you know....like purposefully.
    Now, I was raised to be a gentleman and pay, especially since I did the asking. However, when it becomes assumed...its gets wrinkly.
    We went to the movie theater and for kicks, I asked for two tics and then looked at her. She looked back and said: "You're not for one second suggesting that I pay for my own movie are you?"
    Well, I had so many lines in my head - it was like a freeway in Cali during rush hour. What came out of my mouth was: "Nope, no need to pay for a movie that we aren't going too." (it made more sense in my head)
    then I explained that the assumption that it was all me - was a bit of a turn off...and that the date was over.
    I walked away feeling good about myself. Of course later that night I was remembering what she looks like and thought I was an idiot.

It used to be that men were offended if they asked a woman out and she offered to pay. The only time I paid is when I did the asking or the date sort of "happened" in the middle of two friends going out and hanging out. I've paid plenty of times, but under different circumstances. If I intended to pay, I always couched the date in terms of "let me treat you to dinner." That way, there are none of these silly mind games and the rules are established before there's a date.

Sorry, is this something that's a fairly new dating rule?
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options

It used to be that men were offended if they asked a woman out and she offered to pay. The only time I paid is when I did the asking or the date sort of "happened" in the middle of two friends going out and hanging out. I've paid plenty of times, but under different circumstances. If I intended to pay, I always couched the date in terms of "let me treat you to dinner." That way, there are none of these silly mind games and the rules are established before there's a date.

My understanding was the one who does the inviting does the paying. Otherwise, it's not an invitation, it's an invoice.
  • SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options

My understanding was the one who does the inviting does the paying. Otherwise, it's not an invitation, it's an invoice.

Bwahahahaha
  • bb_lose_weight
    bb_lose_weight Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Shucks i thought this thread was for someone wanting to use me today :(
  • arwacky
    arwacky Posts: 1,653
    Options

We can still make that happen..any takers???
  • bb_lose_weight
    bb_lose_weight Posts: 103 Member
    Options

We can still make that happen..any takers???

You can be the first, how do you wanna use me ;)
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options

Ick, no. I usually always go dutch, and prefer it that way. *cue Independent Women by Destiny's Child* :drinker: